close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

1996 GS500 for sale - Seattle

Discussion in 'Motorcycles' started by benrobb, Jan 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. I'm interested in selling my GS500 (Seattle). I've had this bike for nearly two years and have put 7000 miles on it; it currently has 25,2xx on the clock, but still runs great (albeit with a little smoke on startup when it's very cold). It's a great bike for a first-time rider - easy to control, light, and easy to maintain. It has some cosmetic dings (scratches on side covers) from myself and previous riders dropping at stoplights/lowspeed. It has a few small maintenance issues (fork seals should be replaced, but not urgent, and it could probably use a valve check). I recently installed a new AGM battery. It starts up right away with full choke in our cold Seattle weather. The carbs were also tuned by Nels at 2Wheel Dynoworks approx a year ago.

Bike comes with some parts:
    Spare clutch and throttle cables
    GS500 Service Manual
    aftermarket windshield and chin fairing (I took these off)
    Small tourmaster jacket w/ winter liner
    Some rubber vibration dampeners I haven't put on (go under the gas tank)

Re: cosmetic damage. As you can see, the most significant damage is on the LH mirror and the right engine cover. Nothing that affects use. Also, I included a picture of the exhaust. The prior owner had a custom exhaust (fairly quiet) put on it - some rivets popped out of the middle of the pipe and it began to rattle, so I've clamped the two together to eliminate the rattle. I've had it this way for more than a year - again, cosmetic.

I'd like to stay close to $1500, but I'm willing to entertain reasonable offers.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/oBQJm