close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

200 miles of dirt, on a Strom

Discussion in 'Wenatchee' started by Guy M, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Guy M

Guy M (Washington) City

Went to Canada, via dirt roads from Chelan to Nighthawk. On my Strom. It was a GREAT day. More or less followed the WABDR, and roads known to me through years of hunting the Cascades. Needed a day in the "high lonesome" and I got it. Didn't see many vehicles, a couple of other bikes, and a couple of cars/trucks. What a great day!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a wonderful network of seldom-used dirt/gravel roads out there, leading to some amazing places. Enjoy them.

Regards, Guy

2. Looks like a good time.

Is there anything especially difficult about the northern part of the BDR? I'm hoping to get a chance to run it this summer and have heard that up north if it's wet it's a real pain.

3. Guy M

Guy M (Washington) City

A few places were rutted up pretty good, and it looks like if it was seriously wet, it would be difficult.

I got onto some real nasty, jagged, rocky stretches. Rocks sliding out from under the bike, both tires sliding around on the stuff... Only a couple of times, and not real long.

Overall though, it's just a real nice, long haul through some beautiful country. Some nice grades, a bit steep here and there. Nothing to worry about. Ride safe!

4. Very cool! I love those days where you get to just enjoy and reset. Looks like it's passable on a big ADV bike? It's on my list of to-do's - I would be attempting on my R1100GS. Seems like from your commentary, it's going to be a lot easier in the dry.

5. ninjaofdoom

ninjaofdoom <a href="https://pnwriders.com/motorcycle-talk/8554

Next year I want to do at least part of the WABDR on my new F800gs. Cannot. Wait.

Thanks for the pics!

6. Guy M

Guy M (Washington) City

Absolutely passable on a big ADV bike!

If I can do it on a Strom with street tires... A real rider on knobbies will have no problem!

Check out the WABDR video, you can get it from Touratec. Worth watching. Those guys took some big ADV bikes on the route.

Regards, Guy

7. Looks like a great ride. You da man, Guy. I knew it was a mistake to sell my DR650.

8. That'd be great on my two wheel tractor, but I remember reading that some of those roads are private/off limits?

9. james1300

james1300 Track School Dazed

Awesome Pic's and Ride! Great bike to do it on!

10. I'm dreaming of the day I can ride the DR the up the entire thing.

11. Two others and i are slabing it down to Stevenson and then riding the WABDR north to Wenatchee this next weekend. We did the northern 1/2 last year. It was a great trip and looking forward to some great saddle time in places I have never ridden before.