close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2005 Suzuki GSX-R1000

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Red Label Moto, Jul 18, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

$10000

Don't know where to start with this one. Its a lot of bike. Meticulously pro-built over the last several years by Dave Lanigan aka Speeddealer Motors. Almost no expense was spared to create what is essentially a street legal AMA Superbike.

This beast of a machine threw down 189.4 rwhp on VP race fuel. Run 92 octane pump fuel and you're forced to make due with low 180's.

Everything is brand new and fresh with 12900 miles. The bike has never been raced or damaged. The 2nd owner was responsible for all of this wallet-draining hijinks so I asked him to tell the story. The text below pretty much sums it up.

call/text Kie at Red Label Moto 206 369 4879

backstory/history

I purchased the bike on 3-28-07 with 4489 miles from the 1st owner. It had some blue anodized brake and clutch levers, frame sliders, new tires, and an Arrow slip on exhaust with a Power Commander. It was otherwise a mint, perfect stock bike at the time.

I replaced the blue Levers with black CRG shorty clutch lever, and a black CRG brake lever. In 2008, I had Dave Lanigan install a euro-spec Akrapovic Ti/CF race exhaust and a quick tune on the dyno. If I recall correctly, she made about 168 or so at the rear wheel. I entered the bike in the Eastside Motorsports dyno shoot out and walked away with 1st place. I also participated in the Seattle 100 Charity Track Day.

In 2009, I had Dave Lanigan perform a motor build. He decked the head, thin head gasket, replaced a few valves, performed a full port and polish, valve grind, Web Cams, manual cam chain tensioner that was painted black for the sleeper look. The slipper clutch was rebuilt at this time. He also has done all the oil/brake flushes on this bike as well as tire changes. His attention to detail is second to none. This motor build blew away everyone's expectations. The bike made 189.4 RWHP with VP race fuel. 181-2 RWHP with 92 premium fuel. 95%+ of the time, I run ethanol free fuel. I entered the Superbike class in the I-90 Dyno Shoot out, and took away 1st place with beating a ZX-12 that had some work done. I also participated in the 2009 Seattle 100 Charity Track Day with 2Fast.

2010 urged me to start working on the suspension. Dave Lanigan knew my desires, and we discussed several options. A short time later, he called with news of a set of Ohlins Road and Track forks from a Pro AMA race team he could score. We moved forward. The install was coupled with the Suzuki Frame Recall, and the installation of new head bearings. We also installed the Gilles rearsets and rear axle nut/chain adjusters.

2011 left me wanting to upgrade the front brake system. A quick call to Dave Lanigan had me set up with a Brembo master cylinder, custom SS lines, and Brembo mono block calipers with Braking Wave Rotors. These brakes are awesome!

In 2012, I just rode the bike. I dreamed of Marchisini wheel, or some BST CF wheels, and a rear shock. As with every year, Dave Lanigan performed an oil change with full synthetic, and a full brake flush.

Late in 2013, I got the bike into Dave's shop for an Ohlins rear shock install, the SU503, which is one step down from the TTX, with a Factory Yoshimura Ti height adjuster. Full oil/brake service, new tires and a new 520 chain. Barry Wressel rebuilt the Ohlins steering dampener, and re-sprung the Road and Track forks. They were sprung for a 140 ponder, and were close to having no more adjustment. Barry also replaces the seals, and wipers and new fork oil. I also had Dave install a Bazzaz Z-Bomb to trick the ECU into thinking the bike never leaves 5th gear. No more 6th gear rev limiter. This bike should hit 205MPH with the gearing that is in it. The question is, do you have enough road and coconuts to find out? This bike is very close to perfection. Some mild tuning to the rear shock should satisfy the most discriminating rider.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tru dat

Some head shots when D. Lanigan was weaving his magic. The guy is an artist.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. DGA

DGA Moderator

Um....ha ha ha ha...I'm not sure what to even say...

4. That's pretty much my dream bike. I even have a gsxr tattoo on my arm so....
    [​IMG]

5. Jeezus shit tits that thing is awesome...I need the hookup with that badboy..wanna trade for a 2003 X5? One can dream, no?

6. email some pics and details of the car if you like

kie at redlabelmoto dottuscommas

7. Lemme get back to you on this one...

8. If Barry redid the forks, how come there are FS2 stickers?

9. Was think the same thing.

Eather way thats alot of bile. It would make a kick ass track bike for way less than you could build it for.

10. Still want... did he come down on the price yet?

11. Had a guy sample the goods on the I-90 express lanes/floating bridge to Mercer Island and back last night. Came back alive/1 piece with very large eyeballs. He's checking his piggy bank.

texting you now

12. Some solid interest the last few days. One guy is contemplating shipping to Honolulu. Just got off the phone with another guy (pnw member) thinking of taking this bad boy to the track.

But as of right now the bike is unsold and available.

13. Meh. My SV would eat that thing alive!!

If it was out of gas and it had flat tires.... :mrgreen:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  14. Note to self.....Do not roll up on this guy and try to race him......

15. Sage advice !

16. May I ask what he paid?

Lucky guy, no matter what. A lot o' cash went into that thing.