close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2006 GSXR1000 Released

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jun 24, 2005.

1. The newest Gixxer1000 is staying the same for 2006, except for some color changes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

the front end still looks about as ugly as you can possibly get. I do like the red and black combo color though...

3. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

suzuki definately knows how to make racebikes win races, and they are, in my opinion, equally good at making them look... not so pretty...

4. I actually like the styling.... its bold compared to previous models. Previous models look slabsided and boring. While its not as nice as an R1 I give zook credit for trying something new, the only thing that I dont like is the signal mirrors. Idea is good just the design isn't to hot IMO. I found some pics on gixxer.com where they pulled off the mirrors altogether and that looks best.

5. Wonder how the frame is....since they didn't change it.

6. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

Have you been able to find any pics/specs on the '06 GSXR 600s? That or the 600RR are what I'm looking into for next year (maybe...hopefully....if I sell Paul first???)

7. snake

snake Paralized with excitement

Of course I am biased, but I think that Suzuki's photos don't do the bike justice. Photos from the UK website are better http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/home.asp. Below is an example. BTW, I like the ZX's, CBR's, etc. and wished I could get one of each. I wasn't really sold on the new gixxer 1000 until I saw it in photos like this and in the show room.

[​IMG]

8. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

yes that is a much better pic still dont like the front though

9. snake is right about the new gixxer...like the 999 when it first came out, they look much better in person than what any pic gives them.

10. Hey if you do a search Eagledriver on gixxer.com swapped ou the mirrors with 750 mirrors then routed the signals to the running lights next to the headlight. It tells how to do it with part no ect if interested.

11. That is sexy!! I dont like how they changed the headlight around