close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

2009 Yamaha VMAX - Brand New with 200 horsepower

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Show' started by beansbaxter, Dec 16, 2008.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one had a slightly different exhaust look to it, not sure why though:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That one is stock. That's why. Daniel, did you get a chance to sit on it? If so, how'd it feel? This bike is currently #1 on my want list.

3. Aaaah that makes sense. I sat on the stock one, since they were pushing the other one up the ramp to be displayed at the time.

I would say my quick minute on the bike should carry zero weight... I have never sat on one of these bikes before. I've never rode one, so I dont even know where to begin...

Aesthetically speaking, it looked aggressive. Sitting on it, it felt heavy. I imagine it's one of those bikes that doesnt feel so heavy when it's in motion, but from kickstand to center up, it felt really heavy.

Sorry that's such a lame review lol

4. Well, it's actually kind of lame for me to ask someone how one feels just from sitting on it. No bike should be judged from sitting alone. So no worries.

But if you've never ridden one of these types of bikes, you're really missing out. I test rode the M109 by Suzuki. That too felt very heavy from just sitting on it. But once it was in motion, it was amazing. The buddy I rode it out with (krukov) tried to wheelie the damned thing. They're very torquey. And the M109 topped out very quickly.

From what I hear from Tony, (krukov) the V-max has always been bad-ass. Stop light to stop light, nothing beats it. (I'm paraphrasing here) But DO go out and ride this type of bike tho. I'm sure the V-max kicks the M109's ass tho.

BTW, did it feel low to the ground? Another kind of lame question I know.

PPS. Did you have to hunch over like you did on that Rune that I thought I saw you in one of the pics you posted?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  5. I have short legs so no bike feels low to the ground for me.

I sat on the Rune at the 2002 motorcycle show way back in college days - dont remember it enough to make a comparison.

6. mmk. But didn't I see a more recent picture of you sitting on a bike that looked just like a Rune? Maybe Kevin took the picture of you? I can't seem to find it. But you were on a red bike that looked just like the Rune. (a little busier than the Rune, but looked like it at least) And from that pic, it looked uncomfortable, as you were pretty hunched over it. I'd be very disappointed if I got the same results from the V-Max. I just love the looks of it. I can't wait to test ride it for myself.

7. I don't know if the two are that comparable. The M109 is more a cruiser with a laidback feel. The new V-Max is very upright with a much steeper rake on the head tube. The V-Max felt very wide and is not too friendly to short people.

8. ^ right on DexterD.