close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

75mph winds and we got caught riding in it!!!

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by beansbaxter, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Poor Kris...the Itallian Stallion on his fresh Ducati...rolled out to CDA to meet up with about 8 bikes that showed up earlier at Spokane Yamaha. We met up and gave some good spirit to Reese (sp?) and we all dispersed from there. Kolat, Kris, xcannibalx, and myself took off on our own route and when we finally decided to head back to Spokane, we got DRILLED by 75mph winds. Bikes were leaned so far over and of course we were doing over 100mph on the bikes easily.

Pulled off the interstate cause I had sand in my eyes, then proceeded to goto the Shell gas station in Post Falls, and we watched a Jerry Springer episode unfold as we waited the weather out.

Rolling power outtages, the worst dirty wind I have ever seen!! Scary indeed!!

We finally took off....I seriously made it from Post Falls to Division in just under 9 minutes...I was smoking it, I think that stretch is only the sixth spot I've ever gone in excess of 170mph+ no joke! I was in a hurry...

Pics will come later...and the stories will too I imagine.

2. dude that storm was crazy...glad you made it home safe, i wouldnt have wanted to be out in it. I live on the south hill so we got the first of the storm since alot the dust comes from the palouse

3. Kolat

Kolat emw2k9 beer pong champions

was fun getting home, I decided not to speed once we hit washington, I was waiting for the duck and xcannibalx to catch up, but did'nt see any sign of them, I think we may have been going too fast for them lol :)

T

4. Easily 50 runs in the spo/med lk area within a 2 hr timeframe, many small fires, tons of wind related damage to trees, powerlines (inc the ones at my house), car wrecks, it got pretty crazy for a while! Musta been a nice ride!

E

5. crackup:

6. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Wow yeah, glad you're safe. Looks like we barely missed the storm here in Pullman. The dark clouds were ominously looking over, but nada.

7. Yeah crazy!! Fortunately I was not stuck riding in it, but unfortunately my bike did have to stay outside when i was at work. The wind was blowing across my bike. one side was filthy and the other spotless.
    [​IMG]

8. my bike looks exactly like that only its dirty on both sides.

9. Kris

Kris Italian Stallion

you guys lost me doing going a little fast and then i had to waite for some idaho pickup guy that took forever to pass and i took the exit with the first guy cuz i didn't know if there was something wrong or what then i couldn't catch you after that. i'm still not able to keep up until i get it broken in more, almost there though. can't waite. anyway, all things said it was a fun trip, glad i showed up.

10. Hey Kris...yeah I was thinkin you were still in your break-in period. I figured if I could go 170+ and not be blown over at that point, everyone else would be safe riding in it well under 100.

I was in a hurry to get back cause night was setting in and I got stuck with my night visor on...doh!

Hope to ride with you again though...on better weather terms of course.

11. Kolat

I was doing 10 under, I swear.

T

12. Yeah...I was being pulled.

13. Kolat

stop post whoring and give me my title :p

T

14. I changed yours and Kris.

15. Kolat

oooh oooh, the italian stalion? or did he get windman?

T

16. Shwaa

Shwaa Retired

I heard about the winds you guys got as soon as I got back into town. Glad to hear you all made it safe.

17. Normaly we have about 4 or 5 bikes at work. Last night I was the only one that showed. What a bunch of sissy's

18. See that up there ^
    Thats being a post whore I did not even go on the ride but I got a post in :lol:

19. Thats crap, you didnt "lose me", i had to exit at state line to go home :x , and until then i was keeping up with you fine :lol: but yah, those winds were fierce, probably some of the scariest riding, felt like someone was literally pushing on the side of the bike as we were dodging traffic at 100+...finally in post falls, after being battered by sand, small objects, and nearly pushed all the way off the freeway, we got some relief. I got pushed past the rumble strips, and thought i was gonna get tossed off!!

20. :shock:
    Sounds like fun! Glad to hear everyone made it safely.