close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

A dear friend of mine.......

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by mjn, Apr 22, 2007.

1. mjn

mjn Forum Admin Staff Member

Actually, my very best friend...other than my wonderful wife, just got some shattering news..

After 16 yrs of marriage, his wife has decided to cheat on him.

Out of the blue. Total blindside.

I cannot, at this time, devulge who this individual is, but suffice to say he does not deserve this.

Those of you that pray, please do so. As vauge as this is, do it anyway....please. I cannot explain how sad this news made me feel....simply because I see the pain he is going thru.
    They have 2 children. Youngsters.

At this time, his wife is still not sure "what she wants to do". My friend is trying his best to see if he can hold his marriage together...(not sure if I could do the same....)

Be thankful for what you have. Tell your wife you love her.....all the time. She deserves it. Communicate, daily. Understand that marriage is a partnership, a joint effort. Any other way is doomed for failure.

I've always thought I was one of the luckiest men on earth.... now I am certain.

Thanks.

2. Motorcycle man

Motorcycle man Telemark Rider

I already said a prayer for them mjn, I feel some of this pain myself.

Tell him to hang in there, God is still in the business of performing miracles, I have seen some myself.

Let him know I will keep them in my prayers.

3. KillermondoDude

KillermondoDude Intellectually Sphinctered

4. prayer is good. But forgiveness will be their strongest ally. First and formost, he will have to find a way to forgive her, and hardest of all, trust her. She has broken the most vital assest their marriage may have (this is, yes, My Opinion). And HE will be the one that will have to overcome the hardest challenge. She will also want to ultimately decide if she wants to stay there and fight for the things that make her happy in that marriage, and find them again.. blah blah blah I could go on, but I will spare you Its not gonna be an easy road for them, but I hope it works out however its suppose to

Motorcycle man and flailer like this.
  5. Motorcycle man

Good words, I think you are right on the mark, but with prayer and god helping them both everything can work out.

6. I am in shock over this...:angry7:

7. Just another reason why I'll never marry, but prayers sent for your friend.

8. +1

Hate to hear the news.

9. I'm always here to talk Mark. If ya need to just bs or whatever let me know..........430-6414..........JOhn

10. Infidelity FTL. Prayers sent.

11. KaReBarE

KaReBarE Sweet & Innocent

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It's always botherd me hearing about someone cheating in a marriage, you mostly hear of men cheating on their wives... but it's always (to me) so much more disturbing when I hear it the other way around... maybe because I see that the woman is the foundation of the marriage.. I dont know your friend or his wife but whenever I have heard stories of wifes cheating they were unhappy for a long time before hand maybe it just got built up but whatever their situation is... I will pray for your friend that they can see pass this and mend their marriage...... truely sad

12. livestar

livestar Forum Flaming Firecrotch

man that sucks! prayers are sent, hope everything works out whatever the outcome!

13. I dont pray but good luck. Been through cheating girlfriends and a divorce already. That shit sucks.

I know what its like to have a beautiful, trustworthy wife. I appreciate everything she does but like some guys I know I dont tell her enough...

14. +1

Wow, after 16 years?? I guess people change? I'm a little old fashioned, my word is golden.

It just doesn't seem like anyone stays together anymore, I almost don't see what the point is to getting married. :scratchea

I can't say I would ever take that person back if they cheated on me.

Best wishes to your friend though.

15. mjn

mjn Forum Admin Staff Member

Thanks Barry...I appreciate that.

Thanks for the positive responses...I'll pass them along.

16. Prayers sent. Yep tell him not to forget that God is still running things
    upstairs.

17. bikenut

bikenut Crazy Bad Ass BITCH

sad to hear..prayers sent...

18. Motorcycle man

Best post yet, BV you said it. God IS in control and everythig that happens is for a reason.

Remember he tells us that "All things work together for the good of those who love him, and are called according to his purpose."

I know we all saw a miracle with you James, you recovering like you did, ad the overwhelming support of the community made that clear. Not to mention th fact you are here at all.

So yes, the man upstairs is still in control.:mrgreen:

19. Whatever happens i sending prayers that he comes through this stronger. He did not break his vows. Something positive he can remember.

That's a tough situation. I wish him the best.