close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alki Sport Bike Show - Sunday 7-17

Discussion in 'Westside' started by SilverDawg, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Depends on how early I can get the woman out the door. She will likely be coming with. Guessing I won't make it down until after noon.

2. I'll have to see how the day goes, but noonish sounds Ok to me, I'll hang for a bit down there.
    N.B. - I left you'se a voicemail yesterday with my #, so give a call when your in the area?

3. I Wanna Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Djoplin

Djoplin Investigates Alternative Destinations

Looks like I may end up there. Miki's supposed to be out there anyway.

5. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

so let's all go and meet up. say noon?... though i'll have to figure out how to get there as i've never been to alki...

6. I-5 north to Spokane st./West Seattle bridge, go west over high rise section, exit at Harbour Ave. (before the hill), go right. Proceed at the speed limit, the only way to miss it from there is to go swimming.
    I'll be on this.........See you there, B.

[​IMG]

7. those tires look cool....what kind are they??

8. Michelin Macadam radials - O.E.M spec, nothing to write home about these days - that pic is a few months old, I like my new Pilot Powers much better!

9. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

think i'll cruise out, too...my ass has finally recovered from Seca!

10. Djoplin

jezterr,
    If ya want you can meet up w/me at I90MS. I still plan to go out there first. Then in to Alki. Still going there around 10 or so. Will be on SHift Red 05'R1.
    DJ

11. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

so much for that idea... i just got up. hope i run into you guys at alki...

12. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

probably see you down there 12 or 12:30ish

13. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

this bike is a BEAST! i got to see it first hand without any ferrings. big old K&N filter slurping in everything combustable while the seemingly straight pipe shot blue flames out--my little 6 was scared.

brakes are still working well,
    thanks Bob!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

14. Djoplin

Well. I made it there. Parked right up at the top (for free), by the bike entrance. Probably close to 300 bikes there. Guy was saying that was the biggest showing in the 7yr history of the event. They just kept comin' in. I left at about 12:30 or so.

15. What do you ride Dee-Jop? I must'a missed you by seconds.........
    My pics turned out so crappy I'll pass on posting them (who knew the camera took movies) ???????? Uhhhhhhhhh........ Things to learn I guess.
    Ran into KCander, Silver Dawg, and company though - It was nice to put a few faces to the user names I see here.
    We hung out till three, hope we didn't stand you up Jezter, there's next time though.
    ;-) B.
    * Glad the brakes are working Jafar - Thanx for getting back to me!

16. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

didn't stand me up at all. as a matter of fact, it was probably more of me who was standing you guys up, and for that i apologize. i got caught up working on my buddy's fzr600 and by the time i got done it was well into the afternoon.

though i did get to meet some cool folks from another forum (yes, i'm a slut) cuz i tagged along for dinner to the sushi house in kirkland. went to alki for the evening and watched all the silly ricers and squids go by.

sorry for being a slut, but to make up for it, i totally advertised washingtonriders.com like it was my life... which, it almost is, actually.

17. I wasn't there until after 1:00 and it seamed like it was already over. There were a lot of bikes around, but it wasn't what I was expecting. Nothing really going on. Just a few vendors standing around. Still good to be down there. Traffic getting home was a bitch though.