close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

And I thought my 12 was cluttered...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, May 8, 2005.

1. ...till I saw this same year and color 12 and wow:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude...

I might be drunk, but what the hell is up with the second picture and the floating glove and jacket?

3. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i'm sober and that jacket is creeping me out.

and admit it. that really is your 12.

4. Beans, are you moving?

5. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

the can on that 12 is not like beans'. for some reason i'm seeing too much blue on it, too.

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

it's the rear hugger.

7. The 12 does not originally come with a rear hugger, I do not have one on mine.

And that was what my can use to look like when I first bought my 12. Since then, the titanium can has turned a distinct gold.

8. I think tank bras suck. I think that guy just digs having all the bs, like he is captain james t kirk or something. Whats up with having the v1 mounted on the triple then having the remote up under the screen? Seems silly. Besides where are the heated grips?

9. I think tank bras are a good thing if you have zippers that will scratch up the paint on the tank.

10. I think tank bras suck too, but I still have one on mine because I don't want to screw up the paint.

11. cordodor

cordodor Retired

get a tank protector...
    [​IMG]

12. does absolutely nothing for the sides.

13. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

your tank is going to get scratched regardless. with a bra, dirt just flies in and gets underneath and it rubs against the paint scratching it. tank pads don't do much but some of 'em are gawdy. besides, what's the point of trying to keep it all nice and shiny if all you're going to do is cover it up?

14. bras will certainly scratch up tanks if you don't clean under them regularly... I know that my tank would look like crap if I wasn't using one... sometimes it sucks to have a black bike.

15. cordodor

cordodor Retired

you have zippers/snaps/sandpaper on your knees, inner thighs?

16. just leathers... they left some slight marks (similar to swirl marks) just riding it home from the dealer. Again, on most bikes you wouldn't even notice, but when it is a black tank, you can see it if the light is right...

17. You can get clear tape for them. Someone makes kits I forget who though.

18. I did try a tankslapper at one point -- it was okay, but the edges were always coming up and trapping dirt - ugh.