close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

And this is why I can't stand most used car salesmen

Discussion in 'Wenatchee' started by FIREBLADE01, Apr 29, 2011.

1. This last Saturday I was riding with my son we both have 900 CBR's his is just newer.
    Anyway coming thru East Wenatchee in a corner the throttle on my sons bike stuck wide open it reared up like a bronco and thru him off while he and the bike are sliding down the road his bike hits a car in a car lot.
    I was behind him I wanted to drestimateop my bike just to be able to check on him but made it thru the intersection and off the road.
    He ended up just bruised not so for the bike he just painted it the week before it was his pride and joy.
    Anyway to get back to car sales man I told him that I would pay for the car since my son didn't (I KNOW STUPID) HAVE INSURANCE.
    He said he would take the car to a shop and give me an estimate to fix the front bumper that is all that was struck.
    He came back with almost 1200 dollars I took the car and took it to another body shop and got the estimate to fix it to 700.
    He didn't care for my estiment but like i told him all I need to do is put you back to where the car was before it got hit and I would deal with that body shop directly to get it fixed he didn't like that either.
    I am thinking he just wanted extra money because the car is still not fixed and he never talked to the body shop that I got the estimate from.

2. Deven

Deven Dee-von White

Legally he can take the car wherever he wants to get it repaired iirc. Yeah body work is expensive.

3. Yes he can but legally all I have to do is put him back to where he was not make it better.

4. have him give you a writen quote from the shop

5. mjn

mjn Forum Admin Staff Member

...... and you expected him to pay for the damage out of his own pocket??

I don't understand the intention of this thread at all.

And sorry... but "the throttle stuck"? Really?

6. Sometimes a thread can become like:beatdead:.....

7. First off all you are missing the point NOBODY said he should pay it out of his pocket now did I???? I said I needed to put things the way they where before it happened nothing more nothing less.

And yes the throttle stuck since you where not there you wouldn't know we have been riding long enough to know when not to use the power these bikes have if that is what you are refering too.
    Nobody in there right mind would open up a bike like that in a turn in the middle off traffic unless you are a moron

8. lol.... mark doesn't know what a bike with power is like... he rides a suzuki.

his mistake, not yours.

9. In order for a throttle to get stuck wide open, it has to be wide open prior to sticking!

10. Dr. E

Dr. E Theoretical Propagandist

So summarizing what you are complaining about:your son damages two vehicles blamed on a "throttle sticking", you the "responsible" parent admit that he has no insurance, complain about the cost of a repair this person comes back with on one of the cars.

Get a freaking grip on reality. You think that you can go and tell someone what they can or cannot do in trying to get their property fixed after your son causes the damage. You'll be lucky you don't end up in small claims court or for that matter if you son is a minor, the dealership coming after you for additional costs. Man up and pay the stupid bill and get your son some insurance on that bike.

Never can understand why people make threads where they talk about something that is their fault and then bitch when the aggrieved party wants restitution and they are like "their just trying to rip me off".

11. +1
    Clearly the salesman is to blame
    Posted via PNW Riders Mobile

12. shelbyguy

shelbyguy Picture Whore

you didnt read?

it opened up on its own and tried to buck him off, while stuck.

:)

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  13. Shit, thanks for catching that! He musta dug his spurs in to hard & made that POWERFUL Honduh buck him off!

shelbyguy likes this.
  14. me thinks this thread is not going the way the OP wanted it to.

shelbyguy likes this.
  15. shelbyguy

shelbyguy Picture Whore

hey now.

i remember the first gen 900rr's and they were a serious hoot to ride.

dont hate.

can i have your gixxer yet?

16. galenernest

galenernest I bathe with candles, flowers, jazz music, and rub

So how's the bike? I hate to see a bike like a CBR900RR get wasted...

17. Lone Rider

Lone Rider Streetfighter

Its the apples fault........,

18. galenernest

galenernest I bathe with candles, flowers, jazz music, and rub

But the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... or is it acorn? :scratchea

19. Just funnin! My first bike was an '95 900RR! In it's day, it was the shit!

Gixxer is gone, lookin for the next one!