close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Another New Guy

Discussion in 'Westside' started by SilverDawg, May 10, 2005.

1. Just checked this place out for the first time yesterday. Thought I'd chime in and say hello.

I'm a 28 year old engineer (a Husky as well) currently living in Issaquah. I commute to Port Orchard, so rides on either side of the water work for me.

I ride an 04 R6. Not into the stunting thing and haven't gotten into track days yet. Might try this summer if time permits. Would like to take the 2Fast class or something. What I do like to do is ride the back roads. Put most of the 10,000 miles on the bike between Fall City and Granite Falls. Always like to do the three pass blast too.

My favorite riding is in a group of 3-5 people, but also have been on many rides with large groups.

This is my fourth season of riding. I put a couple years on an older Katana 600. I also own a YZ125 as I just started dirt riding this spring.

Looking forward to getting to know the members here and hope to ride with you soon.

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

awesome. welcome. looking forward to riding with you some day.

3. Welcome.

Tonight may be a good night to meet some people at RMC.

4. welcome:

Yeah myself, JR, and some others are meeting at the coffee shop in Bellevue and then riding over to RMC. You should come. Ride is posted in the Westside section.

5. We're way down in the Olympia area, but welcome to the forum :thumbup:

6. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

hey, welcome Silver!

7. As a rider, I say welcome to the board, hope to ride with ya.

As a UO duck fan, I say HUCK THE FUSKIES!!!

E

8. Thanks for the welcome. I couldn't make it to RMC last night, but hope to go next week. Never been there for TWT. Sounds like fun. A good chance to meet other riders is what I like about it. Not too many places to meet up with other sport bike riders around here.

9. UO fan? Damn, that's worse than a Cougar.

10. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

that's it. i'm looking for your bike and kicking it over.

11. cordodor

cordodor Retired

Silverdawg, nice bike. i too have the '04 Limited Edition...

Go Cougs!

12. Hey now. You aren't even supposed to think those words. You can steal my girlfriend before you can touch the bike. Maybe not, but it's damn close :)

13. cordodor

cordodor Retired

some words of hatred right there... the man introduces himself and you threaten to kick over his bike. It's just not right...

14. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

don't diss on cougs. i'll give you props for being a husky though: it takes a lot of balls not to run up to every scooter-puttin guy out here in seattle and laugh.

15. I noticed. Like what you've done with it. Thanks for directing me this way. I hadn't been to this forum until you mentioned it in the R6 forum.

16. Well my woman is a Cougar, so I have to give them a little respect.

17. cordodor

cordodor Retired

thanks. I just got Hammy's new can installed. I washed it yesterday after riding in the rain all week and hope to get some pics taken and put up today.

All the "original" members from r6-forum have gone to r6-forumz.com. That's where I do most of my R6 forum stuff these days. check it out.

18. Yeah, I was an r6-forum lurker for over a year and just went to r6-forumz last week. Signed up and trying to get active there too. I'll keep an eye out for your pipe pics. If you hadn't guessed, I got my Devil from Hammy too. Great guy to work with.

19. Thought I'd put up a pic of my bike. Sorry for the size. My first picture posting.

[​IMG]