close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone dirtbike?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Apr 25, 2005.

1. :?: Anyone ride any motorcycles that dont handle on the street? Dirtbikes or dual-sport?

2. Yeah Ive been riding in the dirt since I was 6. Got a 99 KTM 380 MXC rignt now. Cant beat a KTM when you are into enduro

3. I've got a 2000 YZ426f...4stroke thunder baby 8)

4. Does taking my Radian off-roading count? :)

5. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

gots me a 95 cr125, light as hell. Jump as high and far as u want it to.

6. Done brokded myself too many times on the dirt, took it lock to lock in 5th on rocky woops, decided dirt was not for me anymore....

E

7. From pain will come pleasure though. Ive been in the hospital for 4 major surgeries and you cant keep me outta the dirt. Maybe ive lost some brain cells along the way though its tough to tell

8. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

now thats a die hard fan!

9. I use to ride drit all the time but its been a few years. Ih ad an 94 cr250 back in the day. I am debating on getting a crf450 later this year :D

10. .... crf450, nice. I use to ride off road along time ago, I just don't have the time anymore no the truck to haul it. I miss it though.

11. yea the 450 is a lot of bike and a little big for tight trails but if I was able to get my old 250 around the tight trails a 450 shouldn't be that much worse if anything probably better with the low end grunt of the 4 banger. Besides more power is always a good thing, right?" :shock:

12. I ride a '97 YZ250. Its for sale if anyone is interested.

The CRF450 and YZ450F are pretty good, but the best 450 I have ridden yet is the '05 RMZ450. The power is extrememly linear, suspension top notch, and carves corners like a dream! Gotta have one...

13. Yea, I heard that alot about the 450 being a beast on smaller trails. A friend of mine has the Honda 250CR and he say he keeps up with them in the smaller trails... actually passes them from what he tells me; since he's smaller and lighter.

14. yea the cr 250 is not a bad trail bike but not the best since the power band is a little snappy. It just takes a little more work. I use to rail the hell out of my old 250 in the tight stuff. God dirt bike talk really makes me want to get out there and get another one. I just wish there were closer places to ride in the seattle area :( In spokane I had a browns mountain with great trails in my backyard but that is no fun anymore with all the shitty home owners building crap everywhere

15. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

My cr125 is kinda fun in the trees, I do have chang my countershaft sprocket though, or else u end up going way to fast.

My favorite is climbing hills, u just womp on it in first gear, and that 2 stroke will just go forever.

16. gotta love that 2 stroke scream but just wait till you get the big cc's. 380cc of 2 stroke like my ktm and then things really happen :D

17. I have a Suzuki DR650E that I use for short street hops and trail riding

My gal has a Kawasaki 250 Super Sherpa that she rides trails on

I have a 3 bike trailer for them

18. Dang...dirtbikes sure came out of the woodwork. Let's see some pics of these dirty machines??

19. you think 380 is fun try hoping on an older cr 500 or kx 500 that will give you some brown spots in the shorts. :oops:

20. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

what i like about the 125, it is light as hell. Going through the woops, u just lean back and skip across the tops. Very nice. Only complant is the excesive head shake over small bumps, I think that is partially do to being so light.

Beans, I will get you a pic up tonight.