close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Anyone riding tomorrow? (14th)

Discussion in 'Westside' started by Red Raevyn, May 13, 2005.

1. Anyone heading out for a decent ride tomorrow? I've essentially only ridden solo since I moved out here! (last fall). As far as where... I don't much care as long as it's remote. I like to ride earlier in the day, but I'm flexible of course. I've still never been down 2 (looks like it has long straight stretches to me...) or quite a few other areas.

Anyone?

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i would tomorrow, but i've got way too many things going on. bike shopping with a buddy in the morning, helping another buddy move at noon, and helping a third buddy install his frame sliders in the evening...

3. Rain off and on for the next 7 days.. which is OK with me since I just received my rear brake pads and until the rain lets up and it's worth my effort to install them I'm spending my spare time working on my cobra

The rain should let up in the next 30 days and then it's whoo hoo time.. :thumbrig:

Oh, here's a good weather site: www.weatherunderground.com

4. Go figure, I post about something and the site goes down! Ended up nice yesterday eh? I laugh at your rain gear! Actually I may be riding down to Tacoma today, and *looks outside* ... oi, lol. Just washed it, too.

I've been using wunderground for a few years, you're right, it is a good weather site. However no matter what weather I site I look at, I see a lot of false reports of 'rain showers', usually like a 30% chance if you look. Seems like they just play it safe and forecast rain more often than not since in that case we'll be happy if they're wrong, lol.

5. No kidding about the weather. I had given up on riding already by Friday night. Woke up Saturday to see clouds. Said to myself, "ah, it's going to rain any minute". Never rained...

Oh well. Took the woman golfing instead. Made a few points doing that.

Next weekend looks to be real nice. I may head up to Highway 20.

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

yep. ended up doing mercer island that evening because the rain never came. sunday sucked, though. all good. was busy painting bodywork.

this weekend should turn out alright. we should all get together. what the hell ever happened to that poker game?

7. cordodor

cordodor Retired

yeah, same thing here on Sunday. just knew it was gonna rain but went out anyways and it NEVER did! It was great! It ended up raining later in the day, but not till after I made it home and got all the bugs washed off

8. In my area Sunday I woke up to a downpour. Standing water all over the roads. Didn't stop raining until late afternoon. Yipee!

Worked on the Katana and watched the races instead of joyriding. MotoGP was a sweet race this week though.

9. cordodor

cordodor Retired

downloaded the MotoGP race. Am looking forward to watching it when I get home from work.