close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

best 2005 middleweight, and why?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Jafar, May 3, 2005.

All-around best middleweight for racing?

1. Honda CBR600RR

87.5%
  2. Kawasaki ZX6RR

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Suzuki GSXR600

8.3%
  4. Yamaha YZF-R6

4.2%
  5. Ducati 749

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

All around: Best for price, parts, dealer and other support, best performance, best reliability, the whole package and anything i left out. Most of all, why!?

2. 749 Dark....

Fantastic package of equipment, handling, engine, and mystique, and can be had new for $9500 if your good at haggling

E

3. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

kawi!!! Packs the best punch!!!

4. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

there ya go Fighterama, i put the duc in there. the ducs are usually a bit out of the price range, but doesn't mean they're not good bikes.

5. ya'll know i bleed green.

6. Do I really have to post on what I voted on? :lol:

7. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

what a silly question.

how 'bout a true 600? the kaw is a cheater and won't pass certain race classes. GREEN SUCKS!!! :)

8. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

the 636 won't pass, but the 6rr will. its only 599cc.

9. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

here is some good info from a guy off the NSR site, Beans forwarded it to me:

"Suzuki pays the bigest contingency, so that's a big plus. Yamaha new parts are typically less expensive than Honda or suzuki for stuff like subframes, etc. The suspension and setupguys will probibly have the most experiance with the yamaha and the suzuki. Pete made a good point about what fits you. Tall guys seem to like the Kawi. Go sit on a cupple and see what you like.

Every one of the bike above can be made to handle superbly. If you get to ride a cupple (in streetbike trim) pay more attention to power delivery and ergonomics than handling. Once you put on a shock, have the forks done, and added race tires, the handling characteristics can chage quite a bit."

10. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

and it hasn't even come out yet...

11. maybe it's a personal issue, but every 600 i sit on and it doesnt matter the brand, it just feels so WAY UNDERPOWERED!

I have riden all four of those bikes listed above, and they just dont do it for me. I know, I know we are talking about the racetrack, and for that I'm just not sure. I've only riden them on the street, and the track is another world when compared.

12. You're just used to the torque that the 12R puts out at lower rpm. :lol:

13. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

it all depends on what your doing. if you on the highway doing roll-ons with vipers, you want a 12. if your on mercer island trying to scare the locals, you want a 6.

a friend was telling me about a track in the motoGP line up a few years ago where the 250cc bikes were as fast or faster than the 500cc bikes.

i'll stick with a 6 until i feel i have the skills to manage the power of a 150+hp bike dragging my knees out of the corners.

14. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

ummm yeah so I picked the kawi DUH... but I am a cheater mine is the 636 lol...but the duc comes close cause thats like sex on wheels oh yeah at a mear price of $12k+ (maybe depending on where you live)...

15. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

i think i would go with the gixxer. though it doesn't have the power of the ninja, or the reliability of the honda, or the erotic, supermodel-god-like nature of the duc, it seems to be the best all around track tool... most practical.

i like the looks of the honda, ninja and duc more, too. but there are so many gixxers out there on the track already, i think i'd get a lot more help if i started out with one.

16. Just go with the prettyist one :D

17. On the ride yesterday, I logged about 40 miles on a 2004 Suzuki GSXR600 and ugggg, I'm half tempted to write a bad review on it. Not any one characteristic of the bike, but the 600 class just feels SOOOOO underpowerded. I had to wrap the tach up high but there was just no bottom end acceleration. The corners are of course easier to flick and bang around in, but exiting the apex just sucked! I'm not even exaggerating. And any high speed corners just felt like I was high revving...

I might have to goto a full liter!

18. Did you notice you can up your corner speeds and your entry speed drastically with a little bike? or that until you hit the point of optimal traction that you can easily keep pace with a liter bike right up until the arm stretching part?

E

19. cordodor

cordodor Retired

Check out the AMA results and you can see that Yamaha's R6 is doing pretty well on the track...

[​IMG]

20. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

the thing about a liter bike is that it takes a lot more skill and experience to use that extra power on the street or on a track. sure, you can use it in a straight line, but using 140+hp coming out of a turn is something that even the best riders in the world are still mastering.