close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BOLO - white Subaru - 237-yvw - hit and run on my bike today

Discussion in 'Westside' started by BoseMensch, Oct 8, 2013.

1. I'm posting this here because the plate is apparently registered in the seattle area.

I Parked my bike in a parking garage here in downtown spokane today, some jerk (I have MUCH stronger words for them, but will keep it civil) hit my bike in the lot and ran today at around 4:30 PM.

Security camera caught it on tape, and I'm getting a copy. It was a white Subaru, license plate is 237-YVW. Yankee, victor, whiskey.

Police report filed already. I'm posting this here, in the Spokane forum and Seattle area forum because I have found out that the plate is registered in the Seattle area.

I'd REALLY like to see this scumbag pay for what they did. If you see the vehicle PLEASE contact your local law enforcement to let them know and message me.

Thanks for any help I may get.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

2. What kind of Subaru (WRX, Outback, Forester?) Lots of 'em out here...

3. Dunno. Security guard just told me it was a Subaru. I'm gotta talk to the manager tomorrow to get a copy of the video myself. Will update when I have more info. Thanks for the interest in helping though.

4. I would go to the DOL with the license number and they may tell you the car it is but they probably wont tell you the owners name and address and such..Damn, you may have to wait on the slow ass popo to do their job or hire a private dick or lawyer or something.

5. Update:
    The vehicle is a white 2006 Subaru Forrester. I have opened claim with insurance, but would prefer to make the scumbag who hit me pay for the damage.

SPD is working the case, and I have faith that it will have results. I now have reason to believe that although the last registered address was in the Seattle area, the scum has moved to this area. Am working on tracking him down, but if anyone does see the vehicle, please let me know the general area where you spotted it. It will help law enforcement and either my insurance company or me when the civil suit is filed.

In terms of damage, I don't want to discuss it on a forum, given that if the insurance company doesn't file suit, I will. Suffice it to say that my bike is brand new this year from the dealership, and it's a 2013 triumph Daytona 675R, which is their top of the line sport bike. The guy hit it hard enough to tip it over and then left it on the ground when he took off.

I get the video from the surveillance camera tomorrow.

6. Good luck! Bit inspiration for you somebody hit my truck one Friday night, doing $1700 in damages and drove off. Based on their taillight pieces they left and the paint they traded with my truck, I found them 9 months later, turned their plate into the police had was reimbursed from her insurance. Be patient, you'll find them.

7. Update and final note:

Got the insurance information today, thanks to a lot of sleuthing and some favors. Driver is not being cited/arrested because she lied to LEO and says she "got out and put a card with insurance info on the bike" despite the camera footage showing that nobody approached it while it was down. Still, her insurance already accepted liability and will be paying my repairs and deductible.

Thanks for all the support from the PNW community as well as the help I got in PMs, who I won't broadcast without permission. Thanks especially to the one person on the westside who checked on something for me. Turns out the registered owner lives out there but the actual driver lives over here. You all rock!

8. Glad to hear that some justice was served.