close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

calculating speed

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Jafar, Jun 22, 2005.

1. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

2. When I did the river run, my speed indicated the 185mph but a GPS attached to my triple tree only showed a few over 170. Talk about tunnel vision!

3. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Yeah I've been up there at 181...that tunnel vision is awesome! It's hard to explain it to others!

Edit: Err, the speedometer said 181...don't know the real speed.

4. When we were playing in portland with some officer riders, they decided it would be cool to radar us and see how fast we truly were going on an 8 mile straight stretch, and they even blocked it off for us. Anyways I burried my tach at 200 mph and the radar showed a whopping 182mph. Talk about dissapointment. I tried again and got 202 on the radar the next pass and my tach was burried for a long dang time :lol:

5. Were you on the zx or the busa?

6. I was on the zx, they didn't even make the busa back then hehe

7. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Holy smokes Wheelie, you got Oregon police officers to do that for you? I always got the impression that they hate anybody who speeds for any reason. That's cool.

8. a couple of them club raced with us. Heck one of them had a gamma 500 that was kewl as hell. I remember learning the power of a 2 stroke when he passed me in the corner at 60mph or so and then wheelied that little sucker hard on the exit. I thought...damn, I've got 1100cc's and I'm getting whips:
    by a little old 500. It's so humbling when your getting passed by little bitty bikes. :oops: