close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Camp grounds for us ADV sorts

Discussion in 'The Dalles' started by 1johned, Sep 7, 2013.

1. I will visit the Dalles in the next month. Can anyone recommend some camp grounds around the Dalles and also up in the mountains maybe 30-50 miles south of the Dalles?

Thanks,

John

jegrabe@gmail.com 541 915 0832

2. Thank you Rallynz. I will check that out.

I know little about Washington state but what I have seen is picturesque. I think I bought my 93 Lex from a guy in Canby. His house overlooked the Columbia and had a magnificent view. Beautiful place.

I will be up in the Dalles in the next few weeks to visit briefly with a friend. After that I want to take the long way back to Eugene. 197 to 97 to 20 looks good so far. Will need a one night rest stop and want to camp somewhere along 197/97 or close to it.

I'll give you a heads up next time I am in your neighborhood and i hope you will do the same when in mine. If you are on the I5 and ever need assistance I am at 541 915 0832(Eugene).

ADD: looked Mem Park up. That will certanly come in handy. The Dalles is a pretty long ride for me and I will be tired when I after it. I will stop at Mem for a rest before going on to my friends. That fits in quite well.

Thanks again.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  3. The city park in Dufur is pretty nice. It's about 12 miles south of The Dalles. Quiet, nobody to bother you, and its about 15 minutes to the mountains. You could also ride up FS44 to hwy 35 then to 26.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013

4. I think you may be mistaken...Canby is in Clackamas County near Oregon City...no Columbia River for us unfortunately

5. ^^^ probably referring to the Willamette.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Ohub Campfire mobile app

6. My mistake. I recently took a MC training class in Canby(@). I bought the Lex in Camas, WA. I get cornfused so easily nowadays. Sorry for the confusion.

Rally,

We are closer than I thought, you being in the same state and all, so I hope we can connect for a ride sometime soon. There are a few really great twisties down here. They run from 50 mile to 150 inland and a nice 200 miler that includes the coast and a long Smith River run. The Smith River run is paved but some get off their bike and walk through it. LOL But it gets hairy, really.

Goes for anyone else that wants to ride Eugene area. I am a medium rider that pushes it a bit. I can, go as slow as my company that isn't using pedals.