close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Cell Phone Emergency Info...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Johnny-B, Jul 20, 2005.

1. I read this on another forum and thought it was worth passing along:

I don't know the source on this or the accuracy. It was forwarded to me in an emial. But if it is true (it would make sense) I think it's good information for all riders to have in case of emergency......

Paramedics will turn to a victim's cell phone for clues to that person's identity. You can make their job much easier with a simple idea that they are trying to get everyone to adopt: ICE.

ICE stands for In Case of Emergency. If you add an entry in the contacts list in your cell phone under ICE, with the name and phone no. of the person that the emergency services should call on your behalf, you can save them a lot of time and have your loved ones contacted quickly. It only takes a few moments of your time to do.

Paramedics know what ICE means and they look for it immediately. Use ICE1, ICE2, etc. for more than one contact. ICE your cell phone NOW!

Please pass this along

2. Yep, I read about this a couple weeks ago. Meant to post something about it at the time....doh!

3. Typically we use anything we can find on the person for contact information, and this is a good idea. One more tool in the fight to keep your battered carcass alive until someone can either identify you, take your organs, or if your lucky, put you back together.

E

4. cordodor

cordodor Retired

hmmm, i vote option 3

5. hmm good idea, i will do that