close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

"Chance of Showers"

Discussion in 'Westside' started by SilverDawg, Jun 22, 2005.

1. I love the forecasts around here.
    Chance of showers = you are likely going to get soaked.
    Glad I rode to work again today :roll:

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

still riding. wonder if i can beat the rain...

3. I'm in Bothell today and we are getting pounded. At least we have a garage at this office.

4. cordodor

cordodor Retired

yeah, sitting on a soaked seat and hugging a soaked tank sucks. as long as it's dry when i get on it, i dont mind gettin wet on the road so much...

5. +1

Unless, like I did yesterday, you get stuck in stop and go traffic. Then it's just crap. Need to get some waterproof pants.

6. At least it didn't rain headed back to Issaquah

7. cordodor

cordodor Retired

living on the west side, that seems like a good investment

8. Yesterday it was rain and wind

9. Rain + Wind is really scary, especially on main artery city streets with a lot of oil in the center, and my rear tire near worn out... :shock:

Yesterday I got caught in the rain while meeting Blondie for lunch, and I had to run errands after that so I just stuck it out, since I was going to have to detail my bike anyway, and I had full leathers on. I regularly treat my leathers with Lexol products, so they handled it well. For rain (If I had known) I would wear a full US military black-looking/ navy blue ECWCS suit, over the leathers. I would also have worn my waterproof leather touring boots or my engineer boots instead of the Hi Tec Troopers. In fact I've only been caught in the rain one other time on my Max, but I have been getting cabin fever to ride, with the lovely "drought" conditions this spring.. some drought! :|

10. Yeah. I've always been a fair weather rider, but now that I am doing a long commute, I tend to run into three weather patterns just on the way home.

11. cordodor

cordodor Retired

well, in the spring/fall, the palouse can have 3 weather patterns in an hour on some days. weather is pretty random at times

12. and we have lentil beans dont forget!!

13. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

well, made it most of the way to work without getting wet, but the last block and a half was under the clouds. i looked like i had been in a hurricane by the time i got to work...

14. Just started raining in Issaquah.

15. Joy. I am heading there in about ten minutes.

16. The sun shines upon E. Washington at the moment. Spiral has this huge spotlight cast upon it...get some!!

17. going by what the radar is showing, it should be stopped by then.

18. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

I've got the waterproof pants...don't have the waterproof jacket to go with. Hence, I'm sitting here at my desk with a soaked fleece jacket, button up shirt, and t-shirt. 3 layers of wetness. Super. Good thing my pants are dry.

19. I really like having a sport touring bike with hardbags, as it enables me to pack the three seasons worth of riding gear necessary for one day's ride in the PNW. We hit a lot of rain on our recent trip over Lolo Pass to Montana and there was snow in the foothills SE of Missoula the morning of 6/12. I am glad we are having a drought or riding would really be miserable. crackup: