close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Charity

Discussion in 'The Dalles' started by Sugarkitten, Jan 19, 2015.

1. My wife has dedicated her life to not for profits, and I have played along, as I like to think of myself as a decent person. Anyway, we have thrown out the idea of a poker run, but know very little about organizing one. For the SMC crew, this would seem like a great opportunity to bring in some more people, plus...charity.

My personal preferences would be to benefit either Haven or Home at last, but I am open to other ideas.

Any interest? Or, if there is no interest, does anyone have any tips when it comes to organizing a charity ride?

2. I'm down for Home at Last. We do the Bone Soup every year. I could pass on the poker run, just a ride would be nice.

3. You could always contact your local CMA chapter for ideas. That's what I'm doing for a ride I'm organizing. They have been a great help and several members have stepped up to volunteer.

Make sure you contact the organization you are helping.

Things to think about:

What is your route?
    Do you have stops planned? Do you need to contact people at those stops (if they are businesses)?
    Are you planning a raffle? If so, have you contacted local businesses to provide prizes?
    Will you be doing food? Will it be donated?
    Will you have music at the final destination?
    You said you are doing a poker run, rather than a simple ride, so what is the prize? And where is it coming from?
    Are you doing a large group ride, or are riders going to leave in smaller groups? Will there be intersections that you may have to control?

Just some things to think about.