close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

crappy eminem song stuck in my head...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KCander, Jun 30, 2005.

1. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Please go away.

I saw the video last night, it had Triumph the Insult Dog in it. Easily one of the worst songs ever...but I was captivated by the ass in the video and couldn't help but watch it. I should've muted that crap because, damn, it's been stuck in my head for like 12 hours now.

I wish Eminem would retire or get shot or something. Anybody got the numbers of the retards that shot Tupac?

edit: dadoingdoingdoing!

2. So, they've gotten to you, too!!

I would prefer to never sleep again than be taken over by Eminem ! :oops:

3. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Yes, Eminem is a douche. ICP FOR LIFE!

[​IMG]

4. actually any rap should just die....its the most untalented form of music out there today. Rock for life! guitar: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

5. +1 X's 1,000,000

6. I can't express how awesome your post is. I swear that most pop song today use a similar program.

Your shi is bananas B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

7. KCander

Well...I love hip-hop. But GOOD hip-hop, and Eminem is about the farthest thing from. Public Enemy, Black Star, Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, that stuff rocks. But pretty much ANY kind of music that is pop enough to be on the radio usually sucks, be it rock, rap or otherwise. I mean, for fucksake, I don't know how many times I've heard punk ass kids talking about how Eminem is some kind of lyrical genius. Somehow I think that "Da-doing-doing-doing" isn't exactly the work of a prodigy. :rant SHADDAP!!!!

8. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Ahahaha Xiphos, nice pic!

Ah what the hell, I'll argue it on poor Slim Shady's account. I don't even like Eminem that much, but I've heard his stuff, and I think he really does have talent. Even though a lot of rappers have what seem to be dumb lyrics to a lot of people, they're reaching out to somebody, and that's talent to me. As a musician, I think that Eminem's lyrics are very well constructed...lyrics that relate to a consensus are tough to write, and especially at the speeds that he rolls through them to some seriously syncopated rhythms. Rap as a whole shares this uniqueness of clever lyrics in large quantities. Short of ballads like American Pie, rap almost always has much more lyrical content than other music genres. Tie that in with the need to keep a song non-specific (it doesn't always work, but they try) to appeal to a large crowd, and anybody who accomplishes that has mad skills. Of course the lyrical content may be a lot of "uhh, yeah, booty, touch me, feel me" stuff, but it's still working for somebody. Just like country's "alcohol, beer, fish, trucks, women, and September 11" lyrics...rock music is too broad and generic to pin down...too many mini-genres...but you get the point.

I listen to pretty much everything, and I hear the same arguments from every fan base. I think a lot of music sucks as well, but unless I can make something better and make money off of it, I can't say anything.

9. While I do agree with what lucky said about the Eminem's music ability in writing songs, he is one of the few (mainly in the past couple years) who does write most of their songs with talent. But 99% of Rap/Hip-Hop artists out there lack the talent to make any music which stands out from the rest. Nothing can beat rock in my opinion ;)

oh yeah...here is why its sooo easy to write rap songs and make them rhyme...

Rhyme Wizard

10. KCander

Xiphos, here's the thing about rock: nothing rocks anymore. There aint a whole lot out there these days that you could consider to be "rock" music, is there? I mean, hell yeah, gimme some Zeppelin, some Hendrix, some shit that when you crank it up you feel like it could cause explosions, I'm down with that. But what rocks now? You've either got noisy shit you can't understand with no complexities to it, or you've got pop-rock trash like U2. Weak sauce. Probably the last band that rocked that I liked was Rage Against the Machine, although they had a sort of hip-hop edge I suppose.

Damn, I'm a bitter old man. And speaking of...

Valiant effort, Lucky, but Eminem still sucks. crackup: Seriously though, as a long-time hip-hop fan, I've started to wonder if the new stuff has just passed me by and I'm a crotchety old 28 year-old with a heightened sense of the "good ol' days". To me, Eminem seems to only be out for controversy. If he isn't saying something shocking and/or controversial, he isn't saying anything. What I mean is, it's either something about how he's going to kill his wife, or just pointless posing. Plus, while he may be able to rap fast, he doesn't do it very smoothly, he lacks flow...almost sounds like he's stuttering to me. But then again, I'm just some old dude who thinks Rakim, Run, and Chuck D were gods in their prime. As far as current MCs go, guys like Mos Def, Common, or Andre 3000 can rap Eminem's fake ass under the table, and actually have something interesting/important to say while they do it.

11. Kcander, I guess it all depends on what you like in rock music. There are still bands out there which are great, that arent played on main stream radio which rock my socks off. Its all a matter of opinion really

12. When you say "there aint much out there anymore that rocks" that only means you are getting old and not in touch with todays geration. You start talking like that and O shit it happend I have become my parents.

13. I never want that to happen...i love my music too much :cry:

14. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Ahahahaha! No doubt! I've been asking myself "Does the music just suck nowadays, or am I getting old?" question. I grew up in the 80's and 90's, and instead of buying modern band's CDs, now I find myself buying Gordon Lightfoot, The Eagles, CCR, etc.

I honestly don't know the answer to my question though. In the early 90's, I stopped getting music because of a dry spell in decent tunes (for me at least), but then a few years later and I was back to buying tunes. I hope that is what's happening again to me. I can't live off of Simon and Garfunkle forever.