close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

December Riding

Discussion in 'Wenatchee' started by breezebike, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Rode with 3 friends today. We made a loop through Quincy, Martin Road to Ephrata, Sagebrush Flat Rd to Moses Coulee and back through Waterville and Pine Canyon. Temps ran 53 to 43. Not bad for December.

2. I looked over at the bikes as I fired up the Kubota tractor (snowplow). They are snug under their blankies until spring. In the mean time, I look out the kitchen window and the depression sets in. And at times like this, I wonder why the hell I left Southern California. ~sigh~

[​IMG]

3. I got one short ride in a week ago before winter really set in. Had to try out a new tire.
    I thought this would be a good time to send in the Tiger's forks to Race Tech for some improving. They were offering discounts at the show in Seattle. So the Tiger in now up on a stand and forkless. It will be ready for the January thaw we usually get.

4. I have conceded to winter, the RoadCrafter went back to AeroStich for cleaning and repairs. =(

5. Guy M

Guy M (Washington) City

Rode a couple of times early in December. Not since then.

Managed to knock over my bike in the garage! Banged up the bar-end pretty good. Need to replace it. Maybe the handguard too. Doggone it!

6. If I saw snow like that I would be surfing it and happy as a clam. Yeah I miss riding - but in the PNW u have seasonal activities - I can lend you a board or some skis!

7. Guy M

Guy M (Washington) City

I am happy as a clam, skiing every few days since the snow got deep enough.

[​IMG]

Dee rides pretty much every day, until the snow and ice make that impossible. Awesome.

8. John B. and I rode to Chelan yesterday in the brilliant sunshine. Temps ran from 40 down to just above freezing. Downtown Chelan had some compact snow in places so we had to be careful which streets we rode on.

The Tiger is waiting for the forks to get back from Race Tech so I had to ride the naked SV. Sure missed that windshield. Naked bikes and freezing weather don't go together too well. My heated jacket and gloves really paid off. Only my head and toes got cold.

9. Somebody needs a dirt bike with a paddle tire methinks!

10. Last week I went for a ride up to Monitor on the Sleepy Hollow road. It was below freezing but the roads were bare and traction seemed good. It was a fun ride. Just not too long. The bike enjoyed it quite a bit. It was humming a sweet little tune.