close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do we need these??

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

At that price no way in hell...plus mine is already tucked away pretty good lol

2. yeah so is mine, you cant even make mine out

3. I think we could make our own cheaper...I will look around. Seems like a cool gizmo.

4. Shoot, for $25 and a hug, I'll cover your plate with electrical tape and it'll look the same. Quick removal as well. Just let me know :nana

I think the best thing to do is tuck the plate as stated above.

5. I found a site will give me some free samples of the glass. I will snag a few just the right size. More on this later.

6. This might make me seem like a moron, why wouldn't you want anyone to see your plates? Other than screw balls who think they should report people doing wheelies and what not. Not for the police is it? Wouldn't a cop pull you over if you had it on and he/she noticed? I can't think of any reason why someone would want this.

7. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

uhhh... are we criminals or what?

i'm not riding with you guys anymore. you scare me. :tard:

8. HEy man, this isnt criminal. Its like owning a gun, doesnt mean you are going to use it to kill someone...I just like the option.

9. crackup: crackup: That's some funny sh*t right there!

And to answer the above question. I guess you would use it if you were going to run from a cop and you didn't want him to see your plate, and yeah, I worry more about non-appreciating bastards in cars who see a wheelie and want to call the cops, so I guess that would be use #2. The best use I think is for the traffic cameras that seem to saturate the town I live in. You don't have to "run" the light...you get a ticket if you don't cross the opposite crosswalk before the light turns red. Its kinda funny, you can just sit and have a coffee and just watch all the people who are going to be pissed in a couple weeks when they check their mail. You can tell because the flash the cameras use is HUGE!

10. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

but owning a gun has more options... hunting, defense, etc.

what's the purpose of a blackout plate? hide your plate. why? cuz you're doing something bad.

BAAAAAD.

'sides, aren't you guys good enough riders that you can get up on your seat, turn around, remove the plate, put it in your trunk all while rolling?

11. HA, Well my main reason (besides the ninja coolness factor of blacking out a plate) Is because I dig the technology, I am a electronics major and tinkering to make other people products is a hobby. No one is asking you to participate. Its not like we are robbing a bank on motorcycle...(as i start to think of a plan)

12. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

oh, i know. i'm just pitching crap. 's what we're here for, right?

13. True that, The company i was looking at with this technology can do curned glass too, also bullet proof and all that jazz. I they have stuff that light weight ( i cant imagine why they wouldnt) it could bo possible to replace plactics with current sensitive glass. Turn a knob and make your bike look like a naked bike :) We will see how they are to deal with. I'm just pondering.

14. But you should use your powers for good, like a low cost automatic chain oiler kit or something useful like that, not evil :nana

And besides....cops aren't going to be put off by "I didn't get the license number, but it was a blue motorcycle with yellow graphics and the rider was wearing wifebeaters, flip-flops, and ass-less chaps with a pink g-string. :evil4:

16. snake

snake Paralized with excitement

After you have been hassled by the cops for doing nothing, but maybe riding a cooler bike than they have and your insurance has gone up by $1,000 per year, you will want one of these. It is self defense against the criminal cops that are out there. Police have emotions too and sometimes emotions cause them to make unfair decisions.

17. i would need one for my car too! crackup:

18. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

crackup:

19. If you want a cheaper solution, I will tuck your plate like I did on John's bike, which in most circumstances makes it hard enough to read so that passerby cant read and report your plate #s by phone to the police.

E