close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you like the old Ducati?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, May 30, 2005.

1. If all of you have been reading the motorcycle magazines, you know that Ducati is re-releasing the older Ducati models in a retro fashion. Turns out they are coming out earlier than expected.

Do you all like these remakes of retro-styled machines?

[​IMG]

According to Ducati's press release, the Paul Smart 1000 Limited Edition will roll down the production line beginning in September of 2005. The Sport 1000 will enter production in October of 2005. The GT1000 will be finalized and enter production in the Spring of 2006. No word on how many will be produced, but expect scarce availability.

2. I like them. But the thing I like most about Duc's is they are a love'm or hate'm bike.

3. Eh, not particularly. The silver one has the fairing style that I think is pretty ugly, and the one on the left - well isn't that a twisted up Monster? I think the naked Ducati's look pretty retro anyway, seems a little needless to me. But hey, I'm sure they'll get gobbled up, and tons of people like em, so woot for them.

4. The yellow sport 1000 makes my pants tight... been hangin up in my work locker for a year now.

5. I like the retro look... and it's not like they'll be the bike of choice for anyone seriously looking to compete... so it really is a Niche market. That being said, how kick-ass would it be to blow by some squid on a new Gixxer with one of those and just have them wishing they could ride half as good on their brand new machine!

6. cordodor

cordodor Retired

they'd be a cool 2nd or 3rd bike to have, but i can't say i'd ever ride it

7. A old style bike with a more dependable engine, YES...

8. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

yellow one - kickass cafe style, looks sweet
    silver one - probably look a lot better without that lame front fairing