close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Do you like to ride in the rain?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by beansbaxter, Jun 3, 2005.

1. When I first moved to Washington state, it was because the military transferred me to Ft.Lewis, WA where I did a three year tour on active duty. During that stint, I was introduced to motorcycles, my first was a 1990 Ninja 750R (back when the Ninja had Japanese hyroglyphics on the bottom cowling) and I remember it rained the first four months I was in WA non-stop. I am not exagerating, non-stop!

So I learned how to ride in the rain. I remember sitting on the back roads just practicing leaving the line from first gear since I didnt know how to operate a clutch at the time.

I enjoyed the rain then and it doesnt bother me at all now.

I always feel it gives me an excuse to just get the bugs cleared off the ole jacket, helmet, and front of the moto.

When I lived in Pullman, sometimes I found it enjoyable to just throw a sweater and jeans on go ride around in the rain. Kinda enjoyable when its not cold to be soaking wet and just riding around not caring. A little more careless I suppose, but the fun. Jafar would smoke my rear tire with ease in the rain on my 12.

So do you like to ride in the rain??

2. Definitely not..I certainly can and have, but it's just no fun !

Rain is what cages are for 8)

3. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Not really. Sometimes commute in the rain if I have to, otherwise try to avoid it like the plague. Don't mind a little rain on the dirtbike, but on the street it sucks. I can ride in it fine, wet roads don't scare me or anything like that, just isn't that fun, usually cold and hard to see.

4. I've never had a problem riding in the rain, I commute in it all the time and sometimes I'll even go riding in it for not reason at all.

5. I think all riders should learn to ride in the rain. Its a good way to learn your limits and the bikes limits..The only time i dont like riding in the rain is when i have to start in it,cause i know its going to be cold.......

6. I hate the rain, but hail is even worse!

7. I don't mind, I'll ride year round, did it this winter, just as long as there was less than 2-3 inches of snow, doesn't scare me.

8. :shock: Snow? no thanks! My dad grew up in Yakima and he said the same thing to me. "just don't lean it so much that you are scraping the peg". Yeah, thanks. Note taken, though not needed.

I'll do the rain if I have to, but I'd rather be in my garage on a rainy day.

9. Ride faster your not in it as long.

10. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i don't mind rain. i'll commute in it, but i won't do any major riding in it...

11. Is it true the police radar does not work in the rain? Cause someone told me that, and I felt it was an excuse to ride faster and faster and faster when it poured down.

12. KCander

If that was true, we Seattle guys would never get speeding tickets!!!

13. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

what? does your radar detector work in the rain? that's the dumbest thing i've heard today. hope you didn't believe that person...

14. I thought they used Laser in the rain, not Radar. I dunno...just what I was told.

15. KCander

Actually, if it's wet enough, they use SHARKS WITH FRICKIN' LASERBEAMS ON THEIR HEADS!!!!!

16. crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup:

17. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

Not to be weird or nothin! But I enjoy riding in the rain. I have my rain gear to put on. I'll go out and rail around corners at half speed, when I feel the tires start to go I let off.
    I also do alot traveling via bike, so rain is a given for me.

18. If I don't have to start out in rain, I don't ride in rain. If it starts while I'm out, I'm totally capable of riding in it.

I guess living here doesn't really give me an option of not riding in the rain. :|

19. +1