close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Drag racing the bikes?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by twotons, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Some time in August if there is enough people interested, i thought it would be fun to get a ton of bikes to the track and see what everyone can put down for numbers, more or less a fun time to run the piss out of the bikes legaly, kinda like the friday night thing but for numbers. I have run before and i love it, we did this last yer and had like 15 bikes out was all but was a good time.

if this sounds interesting im me or post and i ll try to set something up.

2. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I went to my first drags (to watch) just a week or two ago and loved it. The funny thing was I kept thinking damn I could beat that car hahaha...I would love to get in on something like that...

3. kool put the word out and lets get a group. :mrgreen:

4. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

You gotta go on a Saturday, from 3-10pm it is like $20! Adn of course it is Bracket racing!

So if you are the last one left you can go against cars as well.

5. admission to race is usaully 25 to race for trophy, and i am talking about a saturdaynight race to run for times. that is when i like to go.

6. What are the rules? Is there different classes for V-twins, modified, and inlines etc.

7. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

No classes. Its Bracket racing. You get three time trial runs. See how close your times are. Lets say you keep running 10 sec flat. But you think you could do better, so when you go dial in, you tell the timers 9.8 sec.
    By doing that they can pair you up with a car running 15 sec, they just get a 5.2 sec head start. The goal is to beat them with out going faster then 9.8 sec. So if you think you will never break 9.9, the other person gets a 5.1 sec head start, which gives you a better chance at beatting them.

It is kinda complicated but once you get out there and race a few times you'll get it figured out.