close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dream bike dream up in smoke!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by Busadown, Feb 25, 2005.

1. As some of you know I was getting a 05 busa this yr. Till my job let me go a few weeks ago; and to add to my misfortune my wife started working and does not want me to get my bike unless I start working again real soon. It feel's like my dream is going up in smoke although Im holding on tight and Im even considering in gettin an older and cheaper bike in order to get back to riding this year. Any one got any input on a nice bike PM me.

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

whaddaya need a busa for? get a 600. lots more fun in the twisties... and almost half the price of new busa. you could get ghostrr's cbr600rr...

3. Sorry to hear that man. Can you just sock the cash aside in a savings acct and consider it already spent. If you dont have the bike, you dont have to worry about all the needs/wants to go along with getting the bike.

Then just hold out till the job situation and finances pan out, and your golden for the bike.

I say this with the underlying option that if you have your heart set on a certain bike (within reason), then you should try to go for it. But of course, I dont recommend buying new to anyone. I still have a heart attack every time I see how much my 12 has depreciated. You can still get the same make/model you want and just get a used version of one. It's not like they have changed the Busa at all.

For used bikes, I'd recommend www.ride2day.com

4. yea right

find a job-do what you need to do to make things cool at home,then get the bike-

In all reality any woman that cares about here man doesn' want him to get a bike, because they are dangerous,ect. We all know if your woman is not happy no one is. She is right that if you are not working(i don't know the details) a bike might not be the best thing right now.

On the other hand there will always be a reason not to buy. If you have to scrimp and save on the side for awhile, hey don't fret. Nothing wrong with being sensible.

DOn't make it a relationship issue, just have patience and save-

I have a moch harder battle than you(not to slight your issue), I spent the last summer laid up, almost lost my leg and had 30k in med bills from a low speed get off(wreck,crash,ect). My woman doesn't ever want me to get a bike- I will have an 051k in May as soon as school is out-no doubt. And it is a relationship issue at this point. Onlyu so many thing s I love and they all go fast when I am riding them.

5. cordodor

cordodor Retired

I'm not a fan of Busa's myself, but yeah, if you want a cheaper or used bike, you can also check the WMRRA Classifieds... They've usually got some decent stuff and it's IN Washington State...

http://www.wmrra.com/ads/index.php

Good luck!

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

yeah, right, what? what the hell is wrong with getting a used bike he can afford and not get as much shit for? he gets a new busa, he's in the can for at least 3 times as much as he would be for having a used bike...