close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

DS rider looking for information

Discussion in 'Kitsap' started by ZXrenegade, May 26, 2015.

1. I just got here to kitsap county roughly a month ago and cant seem to find many people who do any co ordinated offroading anyone have any leads?.

Also since im relocating from FL i dont know any garages around here cept for the "stealerships" that i could order parts for my bike.

Is there a kind soul that would lend me their garage at some point for valve clearance and other "major" maintenance items"?

Any information would be greatly appreciated. :mrgreen:

2. Luckyadam12

Luckyadam12 Honda Rider

[MENTION=2896]Willow[/MENTION] (Brad)
    is the first that comes to mind. There are quite a few. Next thing you know, these guys will be coming out of the woodwork. Or is it woods? :popcorn:

Good luck on finding rides man! As always, you're always welcome at the Wednesday Night Rides. Brad has been known to break off and hit the trails on occassion...

3. I had the same problem when I first got here a year ago. It seems no one here likes to get dirty. :shock: I could show you around Tahuya at some point but it might be a little tight for a 650. Sadly I have no garage either.

4. Hey! Welcome! I ride DS here in Kitsap County. Your welcome to come over and tinker on your bike at my place. I got all the tools you need and know enough mechanically to not completely ruin things. I live in Gig Harbor, purdy exit toward Key Center....

I am pretty busy right now (finishing grad school, wife, kids, truck project) but i will be setting up a DS ride in the Olympic National Forrest here pretty soon. I will post it up. My goal this summer is make it to Wynochee Dam. Last year we went to Mt. Tebo which was pretty sweet.

5. Thanks for the invite, im not too shabby with a wrench myself... i just might hit the block with it every so often :mrgreen:. Im still trying to find out/learn all the locations to go DS riding around here (also learning city names and locations).

6. I can point you in the direction of a very large area that's great for dual sports. It's pretty close by, not excactly a "legal" riding area, send me a PM if interested

7. Well, Tahuya is a nice place. It is very popular and many places to explore. I dont care for it too much. There isn't very much variation of trails and not much elevation change. I much prefer Green Mountain. Significantly quieter and the trails are a lot trickier. Then you have a whole lot of elevation change with nice views. There are a lot of side, unmarked trails there too...see if you can find the old tin mine!

If you are willing to ride a bit further, go down to the Olympic National Forest. It is down by Hoodsport. You can ride logging roads for miles and miles. That is where i like to go explore. I'm gonna set a PNWR trip in July i think. maybe sooner. Stay tuned!

8. Welcome to pnwriders and the peninsula!

I like to go off roading a bit. Usually up around Green Mt. As WaGig has said, riding in the Southern part of the Olympics is good riding. I've ridden to Wynochee Dam through the mountains. This year, (I think I say this every year) I want to find this: http://www.brian894x4.com/RingofFire.html It lies in those same mountains.

We'll have to hook up sometime for sure. Maybe this Sunday? Not sure my schedule yet. My cell is in my profile.

9. Never been to green mountain. Any of you experienced guys want to show me around? I have sunday free.

10. Possibly I would be interested. Text me or pm me your number and we can figure out a time that works?

11. careful riding Green Mountain, lots of hikers and horses and it's crazy tight for my DRZ

12. I like Green Mt. Yes its tight, but I like that. Its great for putting around. If you like riding fast tahuya is the place. Check out some pictures of Jeff's and my ride a few weeks ago up there.