close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dusty's, Tom Dick & Harry's, or...

Discussion in 'Wenatchee' started by breezebike, Apr 29, 2011.

Should we keep meeting at Dusty's on Thursdays or move to Tom Dick & Harry's?

Poll closed May 13, 2011.
  1. Stay with Dusty's

66.7%
  2. Move to Tom Dick & Harry's in Monitor

33.3%
  3. Find another place

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. It has been suggested a couple of times that we move our Thursday night meeting place from Dusty's to Tom Dick and Harry's out in Monitor. I would like to hear from those who have been coming to Dusty's and those who are thinking about coming. If there is some other place you think would be better let us know. I think it should be some place that serves up the food pretty fast so late-comers have a chance to eat before the ride. Some of us kept coming through the winter just to jawbone about bikes. TD&H early closing wouldn't give us much time for that.

Pros:
    Better food
    Closer for Bob :tiphat:
    Quieter (loud music at Dusty's)
    More parking
    Closer to good roads to the West
    More riding to get there (except for Bob)

Cons:
    Disruption of established pattern (Why nobody at Dusty's?)
    TD&H closes at 7PM except summer
    Further away for most
    Less visibility from passers by
    Further from roads to the south and east

2. I love Dusty's but changing once in a while might be nice.

3. R-Steve-R

R-Steve-R suzukigixxer

if you like to change a bit how about a mid day meet on a weekend i'de come from everett

4. I would come to a weekend meet. and it don't matter where

5. Weekends would work for me to. But so would thursday nights.

:scratchea Why did i post this ?

:popcorn:

6. I cant vote but I suggested moving, Dustys isnt doing it for me anymore. I cant make it to 90% of the Thursdays so... I would vote move.

7. Hmmmmmm.... I love the closeness / visibility at Dusty's but would be willing to eat at Tom Dick and Harrys as well. Count me as undecided? Maybe a start at Dustys then ride to TDH a couple times a month?

8. I am a former 'Wenatchee-ite' and vote for Dusty's.

If you're gonna go to TDH's, that might be a good, for a change.

Checkers Drive Inn? Abby's in East Wen?

Starbuck's? Rocky's House of Guns ?!?

:popcorn:

9. I wouldnt mind meeting out at TDH's once in a while, I'v actually never eaten there. But leaving Dusty's? Nah, I don't think so. Turning down a grease soaked hamburger and jaded teenage customer service would change bike nights.

10. Rippn

Rippn Human Race Qualifier<br>FREE and clean

IMHO...
    Wen PNW...IN WEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I come to Wen to SEE you guys... I can ride there anytime. I would be happy to visit on the weekends to ride w/ ya... I still have another hr home after you guys stop.
    Might be more incentive for others to come see ya...but PLEASE keep the met in Wen.

Abby's... YUUUUUK X10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bob's (caddy hole)...Y$$$$$$$$$$K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just WASTED 45$ for 2 there... fist fight w/ staff, LOUSY COOKING and product...
    "legend in there own mind"syndrome.

HOPE'N to see you ALL thurs...
    FREE and clean, Ripp'n

11. I agree with your pros and cons although I rarely eat before the ride since the conversation and riding is what is the most important to me. :thumbup:

However, if we were going to change locations I would almost vote for Dizzy D's at 5th and Western! I actually think they have great hamburgers and they are riders besides. Maybe they'd give us a price break if we moved our business there? I believe they are only open until 7 as well on Thursdays but most of the time we leave on our ride by then anyway. They have a large parking lot and the "escape" is good too without as much traffic & traffic lights as on Wen Ave. I remember last summer a couple times some riders got "dusted" leaving Dustys and didn't catch up to the group. I never like that because then I am thinking "I hope something didn't happen to them" in the back of my mind. :scared

That said I really don't care- Dusty's is a good location although I'm not sure how many riders see a bunch of bikes there and just decide to pull in and see what's going on, but it is exposure none-the-less. I guess if we decide to move it hopefully everyone will be checking the website so they don't show up at the wrong place! I would do everything I could to avoid that confusion. TDH is 15 miles from my house and through town (not fun riding) so I guess I would have to vote Dustys. 8)

12. Maybe change it up a bit? Do some weekend meet-ups and rides occasionally?

I know it's kind of a HD hangout, But The Rock down here in Rock Island has KILLER grub. The Rock Burger, ham, bacon, meat 2 cheeses.... drool..... The owner is a fellow rider, too. There's also a smoking area out back for all the smokers....

Just a suggestion.

13. Rippn

Rippn Human Race Qualifier<br>FREE and clean

Smoking?...you mean burn pit?
    bwhahahahahaahahahahahaahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    w/ longer days it become more possible to hang out then ride, also... weird stuff keeps happening to me on the ride home...
    the MOON over the river, signs to hair on my arms...
    FREE and clean, Ripp'n