close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Eluding Police...

Discussion in 'Wenatchee' started by mrpeasle, Sep 12, 2009.

1. I'm not sure of the intention of this thread, but there is no way to change the outcome or make it a happy ending. A bad decision is a bad decision. It is just a matter of how and when it will catch up with you. Does three bad decisions make you and asshole or an asshat? Who was this rider's mentor? Is there really anything to learn from this whole incident? What good can come as a result of discussing it? Is it worth dwelling on or should we focus our attention on his more honorable moments? If it were you, is this how you would like it to go down? Is this how you would like to be remembered? I'd be willing to bet there was more to him than a few bad decisions. Maybe we should discuss those as well (for those that knew him well enough)? If you didn't, why are you commenting at all?

I believe part of the grieving process after losing someone is to mediate the tragedy and recall positive thoughts and remind ourselves of their good qualities. Bashing on the dead does not help with this process for the people driving the truck or the family of the rider. So to say you feel bad for his family and then post what an idiot you thought he was seems very contradictory to me, but I'm in no place to tell others what to do as I don't want them to tell me what to do either.

I further believe that this idea lately to have to share all of your feelings and lay them out on the table to be discussed is bologna. Sometimes there is a time and place to discuss these things, but for me, a public forum does not seem to be the right place, so I will not be passing judement on the rider. Again, that is just my way... I guess I'm learning that I am a private person, and that I don't have to make my thoughts known to everyone all the time. I don't understand why someone that didn't know him would post in this thread stating he was an idiot. What is your motivation?

This whole thing makes me regret I didn't seek him out and try to help him make better riding decisions. Now none of us will get that chance. Do we need to remind ourselves of the biker's code/ethics? I guess with all the new "bikers" on the road today, it is just not the same as it used to be. We will turn on each other without hesitation (note to self).

Ok, back to the bashing...

2. Very well said Darren.

3. Live by the sword,Die by the sword

4. Smartest thing said on this thread thanks Darrin. I'm sure Daniel was a great son and a great person in general.

5. I live here in Wenatche and have for over 35 years. No doubt that Daniel was a great person and the Peterson family is now hurting more than ever, not to mention the upset lives of the Bugg family. I will not judge what Daniel did nor his actions, this is a sad thing all the way around for so many people here in the valley it is indescribable. I am saddened by the outcome of this very unfortunate incident.

My only question for those who have posted on this very thread about blazing around at WAY OVER the posted speed limits........and you know who you are.

DID YOU/WE LEARN ANYTHING FROM THIS??

Bill, please tell Daniels dad that not all of us think he was (any of the above rediculous names) and that some riders here are and have been very affected by this. A positive and caring thought goes a long way in today's world, I for one wish there had been a different outcome to this.

R.I.P. Daniel Peterson

6. RIP Rider... I am not going to bash on anyone but since the kid didn't learn from his previous encounters and now he is gone has anyone learned anything from his death? God, I hope so...

7. Shrek X

Shrek X Mr. 500,000

RIP rider

as for the rest of you who are dissin on him.... if you have never done anything that could have ended in a similar manner, then you can post up. If you have, then shut up.

at this point, nobody should post because we have all done things that (most of the time) we get away with, through the grace of God, dumb luck, or whatever. Once in a while someone roles craps... and its sad. If your one to say he deserved it.... (comment removed), and your wrong

8. Dr. E

Dr. E Theoretical Propagandist

We as riders all make our own decisions for the actions we take. I am sorry that he choose poorly and even more sorry that his poor decision is forever going to live with the driver of the truck.