close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Father's Day Ride

Discussion in 'Wenatchee' started by Guy M, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Guy M

Guy M (Washington) City

My oldest son grabbed me this morning and said "Let's ride!" Well, heck, why not? After all it's Father's Day and why not spend a fair chunk of it with the young man? So, off we headed, up 97A, through Chelan, Entiat, Pateros, Methow and stopped for food in Winthrop. Awesome Joe Scramble and about a gallon of hot coffee. Then on up through Mazama, the valley is BEAUTIFUL, with deep, lush green meadows. The Methow River is raging with late spring runoff. Incredible... My son accused me of trying to freeze him to death up on Washington Pass where these photos were taken. Great ride:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made for one heck of a nice Father's Day. I think I'll go fishing with the younger son tomorrow. Hope all of you had a great day too.

Regards, Guy

2. Guy, your son looks familiar... does he work in town here?

3. Guy M

Guy M (Washington) City

He's been to several of our Thursday night/Dusty Burger meets. New bike as of about a month ago.

4. Dr. E

Dr. E Theoretical Propagandist

Great shots! Looks like you guys had a great day...thanks for the post!

5. Looks like it was a fun ride! I was too exhausted today to ride. I've spent the last three days spending some quality time with my new Honda gas powered string trimmer. Oh Look!! there's a driveway hiding beneath them 5' tall weeds!!

Last time we were up on 20 there was a boat load of snow on the ground as well.

6. As always- nice pics Guy... Even better that you went riding with your son! I can't ride with my Dad but I did had a great ride with ChairmanPato over to Salmon Le Sac area Sunday. It was colder than I thought it should have been but it still was a great day. The Brick in Roslyn serves a warm Jalepeno burger! Here's my contribution...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And ChairmanPato trying to sit on his hands to warm up! :evil4:

[​IMG]

7. Nice pics, Guys! I had a nice Father's day ride, too, well, at least until I found out my reserve didn't work, and I had to have the wife come rescue me with a gas can, (I swear 1 1/2 gallons should last more than 30 miles, but when you're runnin' hard.....) I'm lookin' forward to meeting some of you guys at the twisted wrist show Saturday, I don't get a chance to hit the Dusty's bike night due to kid stuff, but anyways, you guys see a Black and Silver Yami FZR all fightered out, you come introduce yourselves......

8. Is that the new FZ8???

9. wow! I know your son! We used to work together at Wapato Point last summer

Looks like he moved up from the black SV500... ill need to get in touch with him soon.

10. Day well spent Guy. I can't wait until my son can ride with me like that.