close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Fire Roads today

Discussion in 'Trail Reports' started by Inspector, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Inspector

Inspector NightRider

Okey Dokey. Met up at Starbucks around 8 I believe (at least I was on time). Why starbucks, i don't know. RouterD doesn't do Starbucks. Headed out for the long ass asphalt ride to the fire roads.

First stop to take out the earplugs
    [​IMG]

Pee spot (I have an infatuation with my pee spots. Maybe marking my territory?)
    [​IMG]

And the road head. Doesn't look like much riding does it? Turned out to be around 50+ miles of fire roads.
    [​IMG]
    (i'm such an asshole. hahaha. just enough info to maybe figure out the spot!)

First dead end, or was it the second, came to a cell repeater.
    [​IMG]

Short little hike past the buildings and a little lookout.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another turn around spot. Did my best pivot turn up by the metal grate in soft gravel. (green sign has lat/long on it if that helps?)
    [​IMG]

Random road/scenery pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another dead end I'm thinking
    [​IMG]

Came across this lake with a few cars parked close by. Didn't see any trail down to the lake or any people. Either some nakedness was going on or some "Wrong Turn" movie shit was happening. We didn't stick around to find out.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Another little offshoot that we could really have used that asshole Grant and his saw.
    [​IMG]

Followed a bunch of roads until I didn't know whether we were headed back or deeper. Guess we were heading deeper into the mountains because we ended up at a wooden slide. It would be a splintery/fun ride.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bike with the perty pink water container.
    [​IMG]

About 130miles on the bike today.

This ride report brought to you by Axo Boxer Boots. Some good ass inexpensive boots that i approve of.
    [​IMG]

2. DRS

DRS Banned Camp

do you work at t-mobile?

3. That looks sweet! I want to go next time!

4. If anyone can make out the lat/long on the sign, I'll give them $5.

Looks like fun. Too bad you're a dick holding out on the location. crackup:

5. Inspector

Inspector NightRider

Nope. I'd have a nicer phone if I did. lol
    Looks to be a bit far for youcrackup: (seriously thou, if you are ever in the area, shoot me a pm and i can arrange a ride. I know some other places then just groomed fire roads.)

6. DRS

DRS Banned Camp

your pink water bottle looks like something they've handed out to t-mobile employees in the past. i have one just like it as i used to work there.

7. GixxerPete

GixxerPete Forum Synopsizer

So that bridge is still doable, right? :mrgreen:

8. You can prolly jump that on a klr.... I know I can.

9. zook

zook Guest

He got the pink bottle from Chip & Dales in Vegas. Where he used to work as a host/waiter.

I know. I got the same one. :secret:

10. DRS

DRS Banned Camp

i could totally deal with crossing that bridge....

11. GixxerPete

The words "jump" and "KLR" really shouldn't ever be in the same sentence... crackup:

12. Are those up on Cougar Mountain? If so, please point me in the right direction to find the fire roads. 8)

Edit: Nevermind, Fuller and Green look like fun, too! I'm getting the itch, and the bike will be rearing and ready in about a week.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  13. Inspector

Inspector NightRider

Let me know Lynk. Looks like I am down two riding buddies. (stupid timmeh)

*which reminds me....someone was supposed to get ahold of me when the snow was gone from the passes!

14. GixxerPete

I've been meaning to hit you up sometime.... but I can't seem to keep my KLR road worthy (fucking Kawi POS!!!). But the DRZ is now back in action (bad battery) and I just need to test out my dirt setup sometime.

15. Some of that is out past Skykomish. Been to those towers on my KLR. Was out around Beckler road on Saturday on my new baby. My butt still hurts:tard:

16. Inspector

Inspector NightRider

STFU!!!
    *idk, is that right?
    Yes you are winna

*Beckler...I have unfinished business out there. <evil laugh>hahaha</evil laugh>

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
  17. Inspector

Inspector NightRider

cool!