close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Forum dead?

Discussion in 'Westside' started by Van, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Been gone for probably a decade, but has this forum died?

2. Apparently things are pretty quiet...

3. You ever deal with Moon motorcycles (Issaaquah) or Lawless Harley-Davidson (Renton)?

Both shops look like they have a bike I wouldn't mind picking up.

4. It's for sure seen more active days.

5. Austin

Austin Staff Member

I wouldn't call it dead. Please feel free to invite your friends to come join us and share our social media outlets. That's the best way to get attention to the community.

6. Austin

Austin Staff Member

I wouldn't call it dead. Please feel free to invite your friends to come join us and share our social media outlets. That's the best way to get attention to the community.

7. Some of the old regulars went over to a new forum of a similar name.

Other than that, Facebook has been the death of forums in general.

8. Thanks for the info.

9. I haven't worked with Moon although I've purchased two bikes and did a lot of service at Lawless. Overall they are a decent place and have some really good staff but the service shop ended up getting really booked out so I went elsewhere.

10. Yeah, I'm thinking of picking up a bike from moon but Lawless has the same bike similar price just 2 years newer and 5k less miles.

Talked to both today and test drove one and made offers on both, but will see what they say.

11. Austin

Austin Staff Member

Facebook has been a major issue. Not going to lie there.

12. You killed it! Yes, YOU!

13. I sold a bike to Moon about a month ago as he really does not consign, just buys outright. Easy to work with and everything was explained clearly and up front. Seem like good people. There were a number of bikes I wanted! They have quite a selection. They were selling a lot of bikes while I was there. I would not hesitate to purchase a bike there if they had one I was particularly interested in.

14. Yeah, I went in and checked out a bike and put in an offer. Was told the owner wouldn't do it (he was on vacation I guess) and that I shouldn't expect a call the next day because they wanted it on the web for a couple of weeks. Next day, bike was changed to $5 under what I offered (I had the money, and didn't need loans or other stuff) and I called and they just said bike was sold.

So, I feel like I wasted my time.
    Oh well, picked up a different bike that is similar and way cheaper.

15. I've been gone from there since 09 and I have noticed a big drop in posts over the years. It used to be really busy here.

16. Try pnw moto think thats where a lot has gone, at least seems more active and is where i was referred to when i came back as well.

17. Moon is alright, never been to lawless

18. Yeah, p much Facebook killed most hobby forums. I hope it stays around though. It's a nice time capsule. Several people I met here are dead now.

19. Why facebook? I'm part of one group that does facebook and I find it rather lame, but I don't really like to get on facebook.

Chris likes this.
  20. Im Pretty much lost on this site now...

21. Austin

Austin Staff Member

What do you mean? Is there anything I can help with?