close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

FYI:WARNING!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by G-Spot, May 9, 2005.

1. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

Don't know who all may or may not have seen the post in another thread, but thought that I would put it here.....

Apparently the local city police have held a meeting where it was decided that they are asking STA employees to take down the license plate numbers of sportbike riders....this inculdes the meeting place at Office Depot.

I am sorry to here that the actions of a few have gotten so out of hand that now we really are being watched by the police. Please...for the sake of all riders in the Spokane area...if you are going to stunt do it outside the city....all of us on bikes already have a bad wrap as it is and we don't need to be making it worse....we need to be making it better....

Everyone please be safe.....

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

hey. assholes who do it in traffic: THIS IS THE SHIT YOU CAUSE.

3. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

hey watcha it busta!!!

J/k

Hey Chelsea, I will chat with my neighbor and get the inside scoupe of what they are doing. He is a high ranking Srgt. In the SPokane police derpartment. He does patrol, so he is one of the ones after everyone.
    later,

ps
    I will try and find out by Wednesday.

You know what that would be sweet , we having a BBQ and he drive by in patrol car!! How cool would that be!!!!!

4. This doesnt bother me one bit. I'd rather STA get my license plate for doing something stupid than a police pull me over. Why? Cause I have gotten out of SOOOOOO many tickets that started from someone grabbed my license plate number and a cop shows up at my door to deliver me the ticket. You dont say anything, just sign for the ticket.

Contest it, go into court and tell the judge that it simply was not you riding the motorcycle. At no given time did they pull you over and remove your helmet so no ticket will ever stick.

If you need a backup story, say you were selling your bike, someone came by and took it for a test drive, but it simply wasnt you.

I'm not trying to justify what some people do, there is still a time and place for everything. When you do non-sensible things in town, it portrays a bad image overall, rather adds to that bad image sportbike riders already have.

But do I care if they grab my license plate, hell no!!!!

5. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

Hey thanx Matt whatever you get would be great!....when did you want to do the BBQ anyway? This Saturday? Don't know if you have CostCo card or not (I do) but we can always get the meat and stuff there....I love buying in bulk!

6. I'd guess this is not so much for them to report plates... more of the "there are idiots doing (insert x here - wheelies, speeding, driving recklessly) down division" kinds of things for immediate police response.

If you are going to blatantly break the law and have no respect for the other people around you, do it in REMOTE locations and not on busy or residential streets.

7. 954rr

954rr Thumper

who cares if one guy does it then he will get caught or wreck but don't sweat stuff until it directly affects you it sounds to me like people are geting to worked up for this stuff

8. Whoever got the info about SPD doing this, please PM me the name of the officer, and matt if you could PM me the name of the sgt. The girl used to work at PD so we are WELL connected over there. I can get the info and pimp for them to do something about education or a sportbiker/PD get together that will possibly get them more at ease with the bikers...

E

9. AGREE 100%! JUS B COOL AND THE PROBLEM WILL B SOMEONE ELSE'S

10. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

The concern that I have, and the real reason why I even brought this up in the first place, is that I don't want to see our riders being hasseled unnecessairly over random acts of stupidness as performed by other riders....that's all I was trying to warn of....

11. I find it amusing...how I get ripped on for telling people not to be RETARDED when riding in town simply because this crap would happen! "Oh Johnny-B, you don't know what you're talking about", "Oh Johnny-B, you don't wheelie anyway (yeah, right)", "Hey look at me, I've got a crotch rocket, I can do ANYTHING I want...don't tell me how to ride." NOW DO YOU GET IT (you know who you are)?? I get branded as the up-tight guy who tries to convert everyone into pussies when all I wanted was to not to get harrassed by cops. I still don't understand how this is a shock for anyone here after seeing the way people ride in this town. :?

But thank you anyway for the heads up...I'll probably keep my highly non-street legal bike in the garage for a while.

12. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

THANK YOU. for those guys who say "don't worry about it" let's see how many people "won't worry about it" when they start getting pulled over for the most minor little things because the popo's keeping a good eye on bikes. FOR EXAMPLE beans, skier, and lcf's 65 mph ticket in a 60 zone. yeah, tell me they weren't singled out because they weren't on bikes. this kind of crap is the result of too many riders being retarded.

13. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

chelsea, the bbq would work great on Sat. the 21st.

14. G-Spot

G-Spot Pint Size Pimpin'

For those who may or may not have taken German in school.....poopoo is actually a German slang word for a$$.....just a thought.....

And Johnny....we know you are still a tight a$$ Fighterama told us so..... said it was nice and tight.....

15. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

Mr. Nurse the only reason people might give you a hard time is!!! One word!!!

HYPOCRITE!!!!

16. Tonight (Tuesday) on the national news there was a major piece about sport riders stunting inside the cities of most cities- they cite the tremendous horsepower of these sport bikes, etc - This is not a local issue alone - this is going on nationwide - until the dumb shit guys that stop stunting up and down major arterials in broad daylight or doing wheelies down I 90 in front of everybody you're just asking for trouble -

Take your sport bike out in the remote areas where there are no cops and no people and enjoy them - ride them smartly and safely outside in the remote areas - we have plenty of remote areas less than 20 miles from most anyplace in Spokane. I have absolutely no sympathy for the guy(s) that act like a bunch of retards going 60 or 70 down division doing a wheelie looking "cool" - they get everything the deserve - remember the old saying - "anybody can go fast straight" let's get out and do it in the twisties where it takes some skill to ride your bike.

Steve

17. 77 Miles of twisties im going. :301

My biggest problem with all this, We as sportbike riders are going to be treated like poop by the police. I had a nice lady run g-spot and I off the road a week ago and the cops did nothing. I feel they did this because I ride a sportbike. Maybe I should put on my assless chaps hop on the ol hog and become a hard core biker like the rest of Spokane.NOT.

18. I don't know what to tell you guys. I don't know if I want to be a member and ride with such a big group of guys and gals, if it involves putting up with punks that can't control themselves in traffic. There is a time and a place for the crazy stuff. In town is not, and the irresponsible persons are going to be the ones to make our riding misery.
    Maybe we should split up on rides as Chelse mentioned. Yahoos in one, back winding roads riders in another. What do ya'll think?
    I'm with Steve and 1000 dude for the twisties!

19. Unfortunaly you are allready a member its called owning a eye candy of a bike. The guys that are hot rodding around town are the ones that will receive the ticket. If you do the speed limit and keep both tires on the ground you have nothing to fear. That goes with out saying. Spend a little time with the group and you will see who is who and then you should make your decision. I have been on only a few rides with some from the group and you can pick out the bone heads pretty quickly.
    Is there any one in this group who has not done anything illegal in the city that would warrent a ticket?

I have been riding for 11 years and have yet to get a ticket. Yes I have been pulled over but one of the keys that I have found treat them with respect. Will I get a ticket on my bike YEP can almost garrentee it.

20. Wait, does that make me a bonehead?

E