close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Getting ready to buy a Can Am Spyder!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by kawidude88, May 9, 2018.

1. kawidude88

kawidude88 formerly gsxrdude24

Just curious to those who actually ride a Can Am Spyder what should I be looking for in the used market to get a fair deal on a used bike? Like to know if some models have more problems than others.

2. Last summer, my wife and I took a trike course with Evergreen Safety in Kirkland. We rode sidecars, Yamaha trikes and Can Am Spyders.

Was on the market for a Can Am Spyder and bought a Gold Wing for touring instead.

But low miles, maintenance records and receipts to validate good care. Aim to get the second year of the 1300cc engine. There have been a small number of recall items on most years so confirm that all of that work has been done. If people don't know about their recall items, I'd pass on that bike as they are not responsible especially if the recall is older than one year.

Look for lots of installed accessories like aftermarket seats, saddlebags and a windshield. That would be $1200-1500 with those items alone.

Buy from an owner with house where it was garaged. See how neat their garage is. If neat, good indicator of responsible.

Buying from an older man or woman is good - they have more funds, getting out of riding due to bad back.

Generalizing of course but you have to have some things to look for.