close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ghost Rider versus Formula 1

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Would you think the ghostrider busa could beat a formula 1 car?

2. No, the F1 cars are absurdly fast. Their power to weight ratio is close and they've got many times the grip; I bet their CG is located better too.

Assuming you mean around a track with proper corners. I'm not sure about a straight line. Even in a straight line I'd have a hard time betting against an F1 car.

3. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

no. if ghostrider's busa could go that fast, why isn't he making money breaking world records? sides, i thought he rode a gixxer...

4. as long as he didn't have to turn he would stand a pretty good chance. I think anyways? :shock:

5. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

turning and breaking F1 rules all. the downforce created by the wings make tons of grip--motogp guys don't stand a chance.

i head they might change the rules for F1. 90% less downforce, wider and better tires. should make for closer racing.

6. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

I bet you I have an INDY Car sitting in my garage that would beat 95% of road going bikes and cars alike out there! What would you say about that! HUH!

Better yet lets do a camparison! We can get the sweet little car out and running and take it to Road Course here in Spokane!

Sounds like fun to me!

7. cordodor

cordodor Retired

ghost rider has a gsxr and a busa

8. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

I've never seen Ghostrider, so maybe I'm talking out of my ass here (likely), but there's no chance for any bike to hang with an F1 car on a track. If you mean a drag-race against a drag bike I might buy it, but if there are corners involved, the bike is TOAST...

Check out how much faster the F1 cars are at Malaysia:

2005 Malaysia F1 Fastest Lap: Kimi Räikkönen 1:35.483
    2004 Malaysia MotoGP Fastest Lap: Valentino Rossi 2:01:833

:shock:

Not even close!!!!!!!!!!