close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Goodbye Wenatchee

Discussion in 'Wenatchee' started by Malaga900, Jun 30, 2011.

1. A full year (366 days) to the next Twisted Wrist Bike Show in Wenatchee, June 30th, 2012.

I'm off to Reno for the week tomorrow. 1st stop in Joesph, 2nd in Denio Junction. Somebody planned a bunch of dirt roads and desert for the ride down. See ya when I get back!

2. You scared me for a second there P... I thought you were moving away or something! :scared Sheesh! Have a great ride and I'll be thinking good "Long Way Round" thoughts for ya. :mfclap:

PS I didn't know a full year was 366 days tho? :scratchea June 30th it is man! Let's get started on it when you get back!

3. Leap year, 2012.

4. ^^ Ahh... My how the time flies. I thought it was just leap year 4 years ago!

I'm not retarded just slow believe it or not.

5. I thought I'd update the trip as I went, but I really never had the time or the cell service to do that.
    Joseph, Oregon was our first stop. They have a bike show "The Bronze Bike" coming up in August starting on the 19th.
    It's a cool little tourist town and a lot of nice paved forest roads and rides close to Hells Canyon.
    [​IMG]
    We rode from 6:45 to 9:30 the next day through Alvord Desert and Funnel Canyon.
    We had planned to ride the lake bed, but it was still full of water.
    [​IMG]
    2 of us rode through the Canyon. The coolest part of the ride was running the last of the dirt road in the dark and
    having jack rabbits darting out in front of you 2 or 3 in a row. We probably saw 100 in less than a 1/2 hour.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The third day was through the Black Rock Desert to Reno.
    Tough to navigate some of the turns, even with the GPS.
    It was a chance to do a little cross country to connect back to the roads.
    Seven Troughs was the only ghost town worth seeing, Sulphur was just pile of cars and Vernon was two walls of the jail.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Did a ride to Tahoe.
    A lot of traffic and the blackjack dealers ate me up.
    [​IMG]
    We tried to go through Lassen was closed because of snow, the ranger district showed us
    pictures of the snow banks 2x the height of the plows. They thought it would be open this weekend.
    We hit our own snow around Mt Adams and were blocked on two different roads.
    [​IMG]
    The Garmin was great, but we hit a few gates and tank traps
    at the end of the roads we were going down.
    [​IMG]
    I had a great time,
    we covered about 2200 miles and ended with the Nugent concert in Tacoma.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  6. Wow man, im totally jealous, your gunna have to fill us in more when you make it back for a dustys ride. Enjoy!