close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gotta watch out for stupid cagers...

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, May 8, 2005.

1. Im not too sure this is real

2. I think it is, check out the thread "even groups of riders aren't safe.." below. There is a lot of info about it there.

L

3. Yeah, I got a bit more info on it. There's a show that features celebrities participating in various activities. This guy was riding with his friends (also why no helmets). There's the main camera car, a van on one side and then apparently some other camera on the side (can't see it but there's footage from it's vantage point).

So, basically the cager involved in the accident didn't notice any of the film crew vehicles or the group of cyclists before plowing into them. From what I understand this is/was on the news quite a bit in Mexico.

At least one died and several were injured (as you can imagine).

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

that news article sounds stupid - like they're blaming the riders. also, rumor has it that the driver paid off the cops with $30,000 to let him walk that night. he was on the phone and inebriated when he plowed into them...

5. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

It's articles like these that makes me see why vigilanty justice is sometimes a good thing. The driver should be 1. Locked up for the rest of his life or 2. Put to death. I have no compassion for those who drink and drive. :evil:

-Guff

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i want to boondock saints every body.

7. That, is an awesome movie. Saw Kingdom of Heaven over the weekend, that is a good movie too.

L

8. Was it better than the motorcycle movie Torque?

9. Wow, I know this may get me some flak but I have never heard of that movie. There are lots of movies I haven't seen and just as many excuses for not seeing them....I hope that this summer I can play catch-up on some of the good ones I have missed. If the weather keeps up like this I should have no problem!
    Rode in the rain for the first time today. It went ok.

L

10. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

that movie scarred you, didn't it?

boondock saints is awesome. AVOID TORQUE AT ALL COSTS. you'll never want to ride ever again and you will hate all motorcyclists...

or for a good laugh, watch it.

11. +1

12. Watching that video clip about the group of riders in Mexico makes me nervous to ride, honestly. Kal-El and I had a long talk about gear and what we thought about safety, yesterday. What do you think of a goil that wears guys gear? There are some slim pickin's in the womens section.

L

13. goil?

hmmm, while the selection may not be as big, its still huge and the quality is there, when comparing gear for girls and guys.

Most women seem to cater toward the Alpine Star stuff, they have just about everything you could want.

I personally prefer Vanson Leathers when it comes to jacket, there simply is nothing better.

But having gear is a must!

14. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

does it matter? cuz you'd probably look hot in any kind of leather as it is... :oops:

15. It's a Popeye thing.

I did see some Alpine Star stuff online. I'll add that to my list of things to check out when I get out of P-town and up to Spokane.

L

16. Your too funny, thanks. 8)
    Pretty much the reason I am making such a big deal out of this is I don't want to look like a poser. Some of the womens stuff makes me think of that. I just want to look cool, baby, Yeah!

L