close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Great day for a ride

Discussion in 'Kitsap' started by Buz, May 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Took a long ride out past the Hood canal today and broke in the new Michelins.
    I like the feel a lot better than the Dunlop 218's my R1 came with.
    I finally had the chance to do a little toe tappin and ring out 3rd and 4th gears once i was well away from town.
    Redline in 4th on the R1 i would describe as "brisk", or at least i think so.
    I went thru two tanks of fuel rolling throttle for over 2 and a half hours---ah life is good..
    If the weather allows tomorrow i'm headed East if anyone has time to ride.
    G'day
    Buz.. 8)

2. How far East? I may have some time.

3. Hi KP,
    I live in Normandy park near the airport.
    We can meet up with you someplace east if you like.
    I was thinking of riding up to the falls and around that area.
    If you have a favorite up that way that just as good.
    Buz.. 8) ---aka---Mike

4. Is it me or does it seem like the Dunlops take a long time to warm up? I own Bridgestones now though.

5. The Dunlops (sportmax 218's) are a little harder compound than the Pilot powers.
    The 218's didn't take very long to warm up but even when they are at temp they don't inspire corners like the Michelins do.
    I ran tire pressure at 36 and 40 and the michelin still feels sticky and soft.
    So far the best thing i could have done for my bike, Now i'll wait and see how long they last.
    I got 7000 miles out of the Dunlops, Don't think these Michelins will last that long but the traction and feel are well worth it to me.
    My 2 cents.
    Buz.. 8)

6. Buz, are you still talking about riding? I'm waiting for Fedex to bring me some tires for my car, then I should be good to go.

I don't have any favorite routes b/c I'm new to the area.

7. Take pics please, for those of us who work better with illustrations.

8. Well yes but.....looking for my wallet right now... :oops:
    maybe a little later in the afternoon.
    Buz.. 8)

9. Found it!!!
    Let me know if you still have time to ride today.
    Buz.. 8)

10. The afternoon is looking good, anyone have time to ride?
    Buz.. 8)

11. I would go with you tommorrow except I just discovered my rear pads are shot :cry: I have EBC pads on order but it's likely going to be two weeks before I can use my Max again. :sad1:

In the meantime I'll use my Suzuki DR650E for around town hops and I'm working on the EFI install for the 514 in my cobra.

12. Now is when you need that back up ZX-10..:)
    I'll get in as much riding in the next coupe days as i can, work called and i'm getting flown out of here Monday for at least two weeks to AK.
    I have some mods on the way in the mail so by the time i get back i will be able to get them installed the next day.
    Ready to ride after that.
    Hope to catch up with you soon.
    Buz.. 8)

13. What I really want for a second street bike is a Yamaha FJR1300 :shock:

Unfortunately the EFI job and home remodeling have erased my fun budget for a while.

(EFI for me and home remodeling to keep Blondie from erasing my fun budget! :lol: )

14. This wouldn't be a Factory five Cobra your working on is it???
    Buz.. 8)

15. Nope, it's a "West Coast" cobra and I had to wait 2 years while it was built for me.. I've had it two years now but had a lot of bugs to work out and last year I only got 700 miles driving with it.. it's very trick with a 9 inch live Ford type Strange Engineering posi rear/Pro Street 33 spline axles, 6 speed Richmond overdrive with McLeod clutch and Tilton TO bearing.. and a 600 watt stereo with 16 CDs in the trunk, and an in-dash cassette. All leather interior. It's basically a show car that I am driving around and plan to use it as a grand touring sportscar 8)

I have soft and hard tops and the paint is Dark Burgundy Cherry Pearl, with ghosted Titanium stripes, both change colors in different lights

16. Max your car is right up my alley so to speak.
    I decided last minute to hold off on my Factory Five Mk65 coupe i had plans to start this winter.
    Had it all planned down to the twin turbo 351 but decided i can get all the speed i need from the bike for another year wile i purchase a house.
    One way or another i'll be looking at getting started on the kit in another year.
    Got to move fast before i find another girlfriend, I know how those "remodeling" projects go..:)
    Good luck on the car , I'd love to check it out some time.
    Buz.. 8)

17. Girlfriend= Blown budget!

Recommendation... avoid if at all possible! (just kidding, there are 2 or 3 worthy girls left in Washington State, if you can find them. The key is to find a good one that's loaded so she can pay for some of your toys! ) :lol:

I added a few more pics of my cobra to this page so you can drool on your monitor. The last pic is of the build and you can see the cross-drilled/vented power disc brakes and Carrerra coil-overs: http://www.omegamanenterprises.com/Personalpics.htm

18. Great pics Max!
    Agreed on the 2 or 3 worthy girls, i seem to be getting the others out of the way first!.. :shock:
    Love what you have done with the car so far.
    Very nice!
    Buz.. 8)

19. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

wow. that's what the frame looks like for the car? looks very industrial...

nice car. and bike. who's the goofball standing next to your bike?

20. The frame is tig welded high carbon spring steel type tubing.. it's very rigid

That guy is a MIB who guards my machines while I'm away. He has a very small weapon but it's very powerful :shaking2: