close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

GSXR things

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by freezincold, May 22, 2005.

1. Hey Gents...

I spent a little time cruising around the gixxer.com forum today and there is some scary stuff on the new GSXR's- possibly improperly welded frames...

Yikes.

2. If you can please post them up on this site.

3. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

you're all going to be turning into the local 7-11 and all of a sudden your frame cracks. slushie all over you!

seriously, that's some scary shit. i too hope it was a bad apple. even then...

4. snake

snake Paralized with excitement

From the look of that front wheel, I would guess that the bike hit the barrier pretty hard. I wonder if any of the new bikes frames will hold up to a hit like that?

5. Should have gotten a ZX-10R!

6. snake

snake Paralized with excitement

Yeah maybe, but I remember last year's ZX10R had a recall for something like failing welds on the front wheel?

7. The 04 they recalled after later stress tests seemed their may be a weak spot on the front rim. But unlike the new GSXR, no front rims have ever been reported to fail. It was a precaution Kawi stepped up and issued a recall just to be on the safe side.

Regarding the new GSXR frame welds, curious to see and hear what Suzuki will step up and say. Hopefully it's just an isolated batch of VIN's and not an effect on the entire production line.

Otherwise, I smell a lawsuit!! Maybe I should go buy a new gixxer so I can get a piece of the class action settlement. You too LRG!

8. From the article, the guy was going 100+ when the front washed out... while the impact might have made the damage worse to the frame, it sure sounds like the frame began to fail prior to any impact (Cause).

9. Yeah visions of that frame haunted my riding all day today...kept me a little slower...hahaha....
    I don't know....I don't want to be the first street guy to find out there is a problem....right when a semi truck is coming strait for me....