close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

[Guns]S&W .500

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by KP F4i, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Anyone ever shot one? :shock:

I did last night.

That thing is a MONSTER! We went to the range and my sister's boyfriend rented one to shoot. He was shooting at a target about 21 feet away. His first 5 shots all missed! crackup:

He asked me to try it. All five of mine hit the target with only 2 dropping out of the bullseye area. I had pretty good grouping for shooting that thing. But after only 5 rounds, I couldn't do anymore. The recoil is HUGE and the rubber grip was hurting my hand.

My brother even put a few rounds through it. It was way Of course, when everyone on the range heard it, they all stuck their heads out to see what was going on. :mrgreen:

I also shot a 9mm AR-15 and my wife was trying out the S&W 99 9mm.

We had a good night. :clap

[​IMG]

2. I don't know....That thing scares me. Seems like it would be like pulling the trigger on a 6" 12ga :tard: But...if you put all rnds in your target and it's still coming...you were screwed to begin with, I think :mrgreen:

3. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Anyone have a glock 19? I need to get used to one cause thats my new T/O weapon...

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

you guys scare me.

5. I don't have one, but if you're just interested in trying one out and not the fun, friendly atmosphere you could head over to Wade's in Bellevue and rent one for a couple hours...

6. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

LOL my next weapons I will carry 24/7 will be the glock and an M4. I have to qual on those and the 249, 240.

Believe me its so much fun and when you are good you get to brag pissing off your buddies hahaha

7. That's what I have. We just rented the others yesterday b/c we were driving by Wade's and stopped.

8. You should come out and try it sometime.

9. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I almost bought one back home in OR but rather have spent the money on my bike lol...

10. If you're used to heavy recoil, say .44 mag and higher, the .500 can be an excellent backup handgun in bear country..

Just keep in mind that due to it's extreme penetration it is totally unsuitable for urban self defense.. it will penetrate 3 people and the equivalent in walls, etc..

Jestrr.. welcome to the real America.. ! :evil4:

11. Is it actually comparable to a .44 recoil?

Yeah, overpenetration would be a primary concern with something that big, it'd be too big for ANYTHING urban. I'd still be paranoid that it wouldn't be enough for a good sized bear, though :(

12. The good factory grips help but the recoil is worse than the .44 magnum, since it has way more power.. with the SSK or Barnes heavy solid bullets it will penetrate a bear.. but no handgun is a great idea on say a brown or grizzly.. you want a magnum semi rifle like a .338 or a .458 Winchester, or a 12 GA shotgun with slugs. The handgun would be backup only and your first move should be to pray! crackup:

13. Now THAT'S funny right there...I don't care who ya are! crackup:

14. jabstar17

jabstar17 Le Bitch

I will stick with my 308 from about 800 yards away... That is if I see the creature before it sees me.

15. Are you afraid of the 2nd amendment, fighter? My ancestors fought and died in the American Revolution to ensure our liberty to keep and bear arms.. Canada is not far away if you can't manage to amend the 2nd.. crackup: :nana

16. crackup:

17. I believe that we should all have a right to bear arms, but i think there needs to be a line drawn on what guns. I dont think fully automatic rifles such as M-16's or whatever else should be legal because no one needs them. Or guns such as the Barrett .50cal rifle.