Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hello from Northern California

Discussion in 'New Users' started by Eccentric, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Hiya folks,

Been riding motorcycles on and off since I was 8 or so (pushing 40 years). Mostly dirt bikes, with a few older street bikes in the mix. Sold my last street bike 15 years ago, and sold the last dirt bike (not counting the 1975 MX400B and 1973 Husky 400CR 'long term projects' collecting dust in the shop) and the 4x4 quad about 10 years ago.

Been wanting to get back into riding for years. Picked up a clean 2006 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom last month. Have taken a number of 20-120ish mile local trips to get acclimated to the bike and shake the rust off of my skills. I enjoy exploring back roads, fire roads, old logging roads, and the like as well as travelling.

I have friends in the Fortuna Ca, Crescent City Ca, Medford Or, Grants Pass Or, Canyonville Or, Springfield Or, Dallas Or, Portland Or, and Centralia Wa areas that I plan on visiting on my bike from time to time over the next several years. I like running up and down the coast, through the Avenue of the Giants, and along 199 from Crescent City to Grant's Pass (and continuing north up I5). I have some friends up in BC and up/over in Alaska that I'd like to visit someday too.

Been crawling around the net on ADVRider, Stromtrooper, and several other boards. Stumbled upon PNWRiders and thought I'd join the crowd to make some riding friends up north and gather helpful info for my future trips.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. [​IMG]

Facing south alongside HWY-1 near Bodega Bay.