close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

HELP!!!!, im stuck on which tires to get

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by tonmarchelli, Jul 17, 2005.

1. well ive decided i want either pirelli diablos or michelin pilots. i can get both for about the same price (230 shipped), which is better?

IM TORN HHHHHHEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared

2. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I just went through a set of powers on my ZX6R. Now I have a set of diablos on the way here tomorrow and will have them on wednesday. I will give some sort of write up on both sets of tires so people can see whats up...

As for the powers I have now they are the best change to the bike since I purchased her. Above all my mods: full akra race, pcIII, kawi racing kit ecu, and custom tune, the best gain was from my powers. They are such a confidence inspiring mod its crazy. The diff between stock tires and powers is night and day, the powers just fall into corners rather then having to lean the tire into them. They stick like glue and never stepped out on me. They get hot real fast and actually can get many miles out of them (6k for me)...

3. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

well, i was going to throw on another set of Avon Pro's, but all this talk about the powers is convincing me. people are getting all kinds of mileage out of them!

4. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Most people I know who really go out riding LOVE the powers and swear by them. The other half of the people I know talk the same way about the diablos...

5. Where are you getting the Pirellis for that price? For $230 I might just throw a set on the 'Bird. Already have a new set on the 'Blade and love them!

While I can't do a comparo betwixt the two...the Corsas ROCK and have left me no desire to experiment.

J

6. Keep in mind I have a 200 for a rear, and I can get a front and rear set of Bridgestone's best BT014 tire for $210 shipped to my door.

7. southwest moto tires has a brand new set of diablos for 225.90 and free shipping., the powers there are 230.90

see my dilemma?

8. RUHI? I just checked and am coming up $281.90 plus
    shipping...

Lucy...you got some 'splaining to do...

J

9. I've seen them for that price too...from what I've heard though, just flip a coin! They're both VERY good tires. I've got powers on my bike right now and love them. I'll probably go with some diablos after these just to try them. You can't go wrong with either tire. So go with the cheaper tires and go rent a couple movies with the left over $5 bucks.

10. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

So what is the big diff between the corsa and just the diablo?

I bought the diablo thinking the corsa was just for track riding but just read the corsa is for street too. Please someone tell me I wont regret not getting the corsa and the diablos are good. If not I am gonna kill myself for getting the diablos and not powers again grrrrr

11. Diablo Corsa=70% track 30% street
    Diablo = SQUID

You bought the right tire...no worries

:thefinge: :nana crackup:

12. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Shit I = a squid grrrrrrrrr well I hope the few track days I am taking help me out with that problem...

13. From what I've gathered, the corsa is a softer compound (less mileage) but they take longer to heat up and get sticky. Regular diablos are the street version because they heat up quicker and last longer. But again...I HAVE NOT OWNED THEM...THAT IS JUST WHAT I'VE HEARD.

14. can I have your bike when you kill yourself?

15. The diablo is better wet weather tire than the corsa-cant go wrong with pirelli's-Squid comment is BS actually the first time I have seen anyone called Squid in this forum

-diablos 80% street 20% track for whatever thats worth if you ride hard niether tire will be on long enough as it is-Buy 2 backs and a front

Actually pirelli is now saying the corsa is 50/50

16. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

diablos are better for all around riding, and very, very good for track riding. i swear by my pirellis. great all-weather tires, too. i've put on almost 10k on the set i've got now and they've still gove plenty of tread.

diablo corsas are more track oriented.

the ones i'm putting on in a couple weeks are definitely track oriented: supercorsa pros. :mrgreen:

17. Love my Pilots... though, I was torn between the two too.

18. maybe this time ill buy the pilots and next time ill go with the diablos.

thank for all the input guys.

T

19. just put my order in for the pilots. 230.90 was the final price shipped to my door and i should see them by friday, or monday at the latest.

cant wait.

20. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

I just found out the asshats I ordered my tires from didnt even ship them out yet grrrrrrrrrrr