close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hey people, YOU ARE NOT ON VACATION YET!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by KP F4i, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Damn! I've almost been killed twice already this morning!

These people's brains must already be on vacation. Nobody's paying attention. They're just coming into my lane like I'm not there or something!

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

welcome to seattle, man. if the sun's out, everyone's on vacation. ride safe...

3. +1

4. snake

snake Paralized with excitement

Yeah, I noticed drivers get real stupid on holiday weekends...over here too.

5. Yeah, welcome to the world of motorcycling. It happens everywhere and all of the time. We have to be on the alert 100 percent of the time. Oh, aren't we lucky. Be careful everyone and Happy 4th of July to us too.

:)

6. I was almost made a "Max pancake" the other day at a "yield" sign.. guess he could not read, or the blonde in his fflatbed was giving him a really good blowjob :evil: Fortunately a Lacey cop was sitting right across the street from his residence, (I followed him home) and I asked the nice man in blue to have a talk with him :mrgreen:

7. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

Hey, stop typing on your laptop and pay attention to the road!

8. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Yep, my wife grounded me this weekend. She was at work here in Pullman, and saw three traffic accidents in three hours. In the third traffic accident, a guy in a jacked up Dodge truck ran over a 12ish year old kid crossing a crosswalk on his bicycle. Huge pool of blood, and people trying to direct traffic away from the unconscious child until police came, but drivers were just ignoring them and driving on by with no regard to a dying kid in the street.

:angry7: :angry7: :angry7: :angry7: :angry7:

9. Lucky, wtf was that at? What time? I drove about today on the bike and everyone seemed nice and careful of me and my fragile bike. *Sorry im drunk and posting*

10. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

I think she saw all the accidents between 2 and 5...She called me at 6:00pm shaken up about the kid getting hit...so I dunno...somewhere around that time I guess.

She works at the scrapbooking store "Paper Pals" here in Pullman. It's either on the corner where the highway (can't remember the number, the one to Colfax) meets Pullman, or a block away...can't remember. That's where she said she saw it.

I hope the kid's ok...she said it didn't look like he was going to make it, but she's no connoseiur of bodily injuries either. I wonder if the kid was running a "Don't Walk" sign, or was the truck driver just dumb and blasting through there...maybe both...whatever. Not a good way to kick off a 4th of July weekend.

Just the night before this (Thursday night), I was coming home late from studying at sloan. That intersection...(B street and Stadium? Down that big hill coming from the frats and Sloan), I was the first to spot the aftermath of a car wreck. Girl turned left on a green light (yielded green, not the arrow), and into oncoming traffic, got her car smashed up. The police were on the way, and everybody said they were fine...just raised pulses.

So yeah, after I saw the aftermath of one accident, and my wife saw three outside her workplace, she kindly asked me not to ride the bike this weekend...kinda sucks, but I will get over it.

Yeah, it is amazing how much of a safer driver I've become AFTER getting a bike. Before the bike, I would always look before I changed lanes, but I was always looking for other cars and trucks, NOT bikes. Being on the other side of it, now I am careful as hell.

Now I swear that I have stupid vision...you know what I'm talking about? It's like the sixth sense of spotting retarded people before they pull out in front of you. I amaze my wife all the time when we drive. She'll be asking me why I slowed down before a particular intersection, and then a second later she's shrieking and clawing at the dashboard because somebody just cut us off.

11. DAMN !!!
    and I'm heading for Kalispell, from Seattle, tomorrow.
    Well . . .it 'SHOULD' Be calmer then

yeah . . .right !!

12. I say F@$k em all and feed them c#$ck. Stupid cagers.

13. Yes, this is premonition-power. It saved me from the flabed truck driver the other day.. he was moving towards the yield sign at just a few MPH too fast and I knew he was going to blow through.. I hit the brakes early and he passed right in front of me. Sometimes I just get this sense before I hit an intersection, a little voice tells me something's wrong. It always is, someone not paying attention, etc.. Always heed that little voice!!

14. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

i think i know which intersection you're talking about where the kid got hit... i saw an old man get runover at that same spot by a lady in an suv talking on her cell phone... happened right in front of me, as i was waiting for a light, hopped off and called 911 but the lady on the other line said it's been called in... there was bunch of traffic at the intersection, too... i'm wondering how often that happens.