close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Honda VS Yamaha

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by cheito1981, Feb 3, 2005.

1. cheito1981

cheito1981 Janitorial Services

I am looking in to geting a Yamaha R6 or Honda CBR600r
    Can you give me some thought about these bike.
    Thank you

2. Get a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R instead. You can hammer it harder and the power curve is much steeper and smoother.

The Honda will will have the best stock suspension, classic Honda feel. The R6 is a good bike also.

Best bet is to sit on all of them, see which one feels the most comfortable for you, and look at seat height, the angle your wrists sit against the bars, etc.

3. cordodor

cordodor Retired

it probably depends on if you're buying new or used, too. Most bikes in that class are pretty similar. I have an '04 R6 and I love it. It's better known for it's lightness and ease of whipping through corners. Hondas are known for their solidly built construction but IMO have horrible seats. I've heard the Kawasaki is the 600 to beat this year and if you really want, you can go for the 636 which has a nice edge over the rest of the middleweight competition, but you can't race in the 600 series if you plan on taking it to a track. Mostly though, it's all personal preference. They're all great bikes. I'm sure you will be happy with any of them. Sit on them and see what feels right.

4. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

depends on how you're riding. for long trips, the honda ain't the best (i've got the cbr600rr). plank for a seat. the yamaha i've heard plenty of good things about, but everyone has one. it's been a long fought debate, and it's really a toss up.

5. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

Case and point... I couldn't have said it better myself. Everyone can't be wrong. :lol:

6. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

SHUT UP, SQUID. :mrgreen:

YAMAHAS SUCK.

... man, i'm punchy today...

7. Guff

Heheh... welcome to team Yamaha Jezterr. You don't need to keep up your front of disliking Yamahas. :p

8. Yamahas are only good for keyboards, musical instruments, and carrying kegs to the Team Green parties...

[​IMG]

9. Ride them all then make the decision-I would check them all out-buying a new bike is fun-keep an open mind have patience and check them all out-make notes about each bike-

10. I agree with the above. Pick a bike that just "feels" right, both physically and in your mind. That should bring the greatest and longest joy out of it. The 600 class is so competitive these days it's like splitting hairs to find the "best" one. Try not to get too caught up in the numbers and specs, ( unless you are a close relative of valentino rossi) because on the road they really don't make a difference.

11. Guff

Where did you get that pic of me Beans!? :lol:

-Guff