close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I-5 Traffic is going to suck this weekend!!!!

Discussion in 'Westside' started by beansbaxter, Jun 24, 2005.

1. If ya havent heard already, here ya go:

Expect Nightmare Traffic - Seattle PI

Traffic Nightmare - KOMO TV

Some crappy traffic - WA DOT

***TRAFFIC ALERT***

• At 10 p.m. Friday, June 24, crews will close three southbound lanes of I-5, access from southbound I-5 to I-90, and many other downtown I-5 on- and off-ramps. The lanes and ramps will remain closed all weekend while crews replace damaged pavement. All lanes and ramps are expected to reopen by 5 a.m., Monday, June 27.

I-5 SOUTHBOUND EXPRESS LANES RECOMMENDED

• To help keep traffic moving, we will operate the I-5 express lanes southbound all weekend long and keep them open at all times. Incident response trucks will be available to help drivers and clear roads.

• We need your help. Only one lane of mainline southbound I-5 will remain open to traffic and backups in both directions through Seattle could be severe unless motorists carpool, ride the bus, reschedule trips, or use alternate routes like I-405 or SR 99 (Aurora Ave./Alaskan Way Viaduct).

• There are signed detours to exit and enter the freeway through downtown Seattle.

2. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

They were doing this last weekend, too, and the express lanes were open heading south, but for some reason all the idiots just backed up on the mainline anyways. I was heading downtown from Everett, hopped in the express lanes, passed a few miles of backed-up idiots, and hopped right off the freeway, not problems whatsoever. TAKE THE EXPRESS LANES, BOYS AND GIRLS.

3. yup definitely plan on doing that....will be making the 812 mile treck tonight....wish me luck

4. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

bah! its not worth riding if they close the on and off ramps!!!!