close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I love this helmet!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Talk' started by beansbaxter, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Ok, ok, I'm not one to druel over all the cool helmets out there. I hardly ever give any the time of day, let alone a gander. I have a few extra helmets that go along with my HJC and Shoei TZ-1 and I'm happy. I figured I wouldn't buy another helmet till the Snell 2005 ratings came out. But then I saw this helmet in one of the new UK mags and I fell in love. I really, really like this helmet...whatcha'll think?

http://www.shoei-helmets.com/helmets/byrne.html

2. jezterr

jezterr Retired Admin

dude. i'd be happy with an x-11 even if it had pink flowers and kittens on it. that model helmet is nice.

(tested one out at a local dealer)...

3. Guff

Guff Forum Admin Staff Member

Uh oh... does this mean Beans is going away from the standard blue helmet? Heheh. yeah yeah... I know you have one with a graphic on it.

-Guff

4. I JUST BOUGHT IT...hopefully I'll have it before Laguna!!! I've been eyeing this helmet for a long long time. Finally though...I am so happy to get this.

I recently found out this is the same helmet that the KTM MotoGP rider Byrne wears. Here is a pic of it:

[​IMG]

5. hey man that is one bad ass lid :thumbup:

6. I can't believe you actually forked the dough- :salute:

7. thats alot of dough for a helmet..man alive

8. But you all dont really know how much I paid for it. Promised I would not tell too crackup:

9. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

now all you have to do is decide what color 636 will match it best!

10. helmet shows up next week, cant wait! $719 after taxes...ouch!!

11. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

WOW dude you should have let me know I could have got it for $594 TOTAL SHIPPED!!!

12. The $719 is what I have to tell people I paid for it...what I really paid for it was ummmm I forgot :tard:

13. Perferd

Perferd Grade A Champion

Oh ok cool glad to hear...Even with the price I showed thats a huge mark up. With friends I think the price is like 4 something....

Have you tried the suomy helmets.....btw did you know the mark up for their helmets is $200 and I am not even shitting you

14. yeah I actually love Suomy helmets, but their helmets are all undersized. I wear an XL in Shoei, a XXL in HJC, but have to try on a Suomy that fits. I tried on an XL Suomy and it was way too small. I know they go up to XXXL but have yet to try that on.

This Shoei I've been wanting since Shoei released their 2005 lineup last year, time to jump on it. It is their flagship helmet model line, and the graphics are just siiiick!

15. I talked to my buddy who owns a shop in Tri-Cities...he looked up my Arai Corsair helmet, retail was something like $700.00 or something SUPER outrageous, and his cost........$300.00!!! Now thats some markup!

16. pigeon

pigeon Guest

Huh, must have been Screwmate!

17. Jafar

Jafar Retired Admin

Byrne got his first point with WCM at Laguna, apparently a milestone for them. i think he came in 15th there, right?

18. this is true. ktm needs to get on the bandwagon, quick.

it amazes me the crazy hooligan riding that byrne did in europe only to goto the Big Show!

19. wazzu mille

wazzu mille Hash Brown Boy

I've been really happy with my OGK, it even came with a tear off. This helmet is very light, great venting, Snell and DOT rated.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]