close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I need my undertail painted.

Discussion in 'Eastside' started by 2kcbrf4, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Anyone know of a local shop to get my undertail painted? I am looking to get it done for a good price, but want it to match the factory color (Honda Sunrise Yellow). I got a quote from one shop and they said $250. That seems kind of high to me.

TIA

2. meet my good friends mr. krylon and mrs. dupli-color. 8)

3. I would go that route if I could get the right color. I went to KC auto paint today and they didn't have any chips that matched it. They had a little machine that matches paint but the guy said it's about 50/50 weather it will actually match.

I have a friend that said he will paint it for me if I can get the paint so if I can find the color I will just get paint. I am going to call some local motorcycle shops tomorrow and see if they can help me.

4. Hey I can call my paint guy, he can shoot it WAAAAY cheaper than that and has all the color chips.

E

5. if you truly want the paint to match perfectly go to this web site- they have every paint code- i've had experience with those guys that say they can match it - some get close but none will match - you need the code-

http://www.color-rite.com/

it's not all that cheap but it's the best - but in the end if you care about the paint matching they will make it match -

If you want a local shop that did do a good paint job for one of my bikes try City South on the South Hill near 57th and Regal - it's near where Gold's Gym is just a block east of Regal on about 54th or 55 before you hit 57th - it's in the old indoor soccer facility and they are nice guys and like bikes - they aren't that expensive and sometimes they have guys that will do it on the weekend for cash (under the table) but be very cautious in bringing that up - I worked with one of the managers on that - and he gave the money directly to the guy that did the work -

Steve