close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

I think I need a slip-on

Discussion in 'Mechanical & Technical' started by Blackstar, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Well I just downloaded my manual and got to see for the first time the cross-section of my stock muffler...

[​IMG]

Well now that I see it's not a straight through design as I had originally thought maybe it's time to reconsider dropping a few bones for a slip-on.... any suggestions? D&D is out of the question as I have grown quite fond of my hearing

2. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Love those stock plugs.

3. :shock:
    "not straight through" - no kidding!
    Did you see the article in Sport Rider last summer on all the slipons? They tested ~30 bikes on an R6. Take a look if you can track it down. I know they have audio tracks on their website to.

4. 2 ways to handle the situation. Do a self-recore, where you gut the thing and just put in a straight through perforated core, wrap it in batting and re-rivet the ends back on. OR... Akropovich makes some sweet poo, lotta TT riders and street riders use it, build nice power, mellow but noticeable sound, nice cans.

E

5. Yep. Akro is one of the best. If they made a high-mount, I would have went with them.

6. Fighterama have you tried this self-recore??? My friends and I did it on a GSXR750,its a simple job if you have all the tools.We shortend his pipe by 6-7 inchs. He was very happy with the sound and the way it looked.

7. Its what the duc has, I really like them, but I didnt do them on my bike, got a KILLER Deal outa cali for mine

E

8. KCander

KCander El Duderino "Old Timer"

If Akro made a slip-on for the F3 I would've strongly considered it, they're supposedly the best out there. As it was, I narrowed my choices down to Yoshimura and Devil (carbon fiber) after doing some reading (including aforementioned article from last summer). Ended up going with the Yoshi (Race) mostly because it was the easier of the two to get for my bike...I'm really happy with it; I think the finish of the Yosh is top-notch, really detailed. Sound is pretty awesome, not too loud, a bit quieter than SilverDawg's Devil, not even in the same ballpark as a D&D. It's a low mount, and the fit was a cinch.

If I ever get my freakin' CBR back from the shop, you can check it out next time we hit Greenlake! Here's the only pic I have that really shows it:

[​IMG]

9. I strongly hate D&D...most annoying sound out there!!

Get something throaty with some deep batetone grunt to it, now that sounds good.

For your ZZR, I would recommend Muzzys, Akro, or TiForce.

10. KCander

Screamin' Eagles!

11. I am glad I read this. I have had my eye on a complete D&D system but I don't want it to be super loud. What do you all think of the 2 bros system?

12. I have had two bros on my last two GSXR. They are not as loud as D&D and are deeper then an Yosh...ask G-SPOT what she thinks of hers..........

13. I like the sound of G-SPOT's but I haven't really heard any other f4/f4i's so I don't have much to compare with.

14. If you get a D&D people on the south hill will hear you on I-90. One of my friends has a D&D and its the loudest thing in spokane.....

15. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Bah, just get the D&D and shove a banana in there to quiet it down.

16. KCander

...just make sure it's got the Texas flag emblem on it like a lot of them do...YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!

17. crackup:

18. Lucky

Lucky The $75,000 Rider

Now I know.

19. And knowing is half the battle...go Joe!

[​IMG]