close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

idiot on ninja 250

Discussion in 'Portland Region' started by Tony Thomasian, Oct 4, 2012.

1. This. Talking smack about other riders is my business and business is good

2. lol honestly ive done my squidish riding and now when i look back, I tell myself im an idiot.. I just think its really stupid to risk a passenger's life because you want to show off to them

3. I'm going to assume the Ninja 250 was the girl's bike and he was just trying to show her how leaning off the seat a little makes a big difference while trying to negotiate a turn...because I can't imagine a guy actually owning a Ninja 250.:shock:

4. What's wrong with owning a 250?

It was her bike, she's new to riding and I was showing her she can lean it more than she thinks.

5. You prolly had a booger hangin.

6. Worst part was the little barista hooah behind the counter tells me "ride your own ride jerk". I shoulda donkey punched her.....

7. I got a ninja 250.

It's my race bike. :thefinge:

8. That's nice of you to show her a few things so she's not scared of the bike and feels comfortable going at least 60mph.

I have never meet a guy who has owned a 250 street bike on purpose...just girls. I guess a guy could own one, but that would be funny. Kinda like the guys that have the man purse things...funny.

9. There is a whole class of racing just for 250s...sprint and endurance. And those boys can move.

10. Luckyadam12

Luckyadam12 Honda Rider

This thread is full of win.

11. Found your race bike online:thefinge:

crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup: crackup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnkefjCES-4

crackup:crackup:crackup:crackup:crackup:crackup:crackup:crackup:crackup:

12. it's not a purse, it's a European Handbag....noob

13. Texasl

Texasl Totally Charming Retired Moderator

This thread is full of Portland. :nana

14. Well, you've certainly never met me. I collect them. Corners are the fun part - why would I want to go 140 in between them? And a good VTR250 will cruise at 80 easily, top out around 105, so keeping up with traffic is NOT a problem. Getting 55-65 mpg is just the icing on the cake. :mrgreen:

15. I seen some poor kid on a brand new ninja 250 doing circles around walgreens the other day. I could tell he was new, very unsure of himself. Nothing but a helmet for protective gear. He pulled up to leave the lot after circling it for 5 ish minutes. I pulled up behind him and he waited thru 5 or 6 spaces where he could have pulled out(gigitty) and didnt go. He finally waves me forward like "go ahead buddy!"

So I pull up and say, you can follow me if you want and learn a thing or two. I pull out and he follows. I take it up to about 50mph, and duck down a side street, it has a nasty drop as you pull onto the side street that rapidly rises back up, if your not ready for it on a bike, specially at any speed, its a pucker moment. But its my neighborhood so I just turn it into and easy way to compress the front forks for rebound =D...

Anyways, the kid takes the corner at speed, washes out the front tire, goes down.. HARD. Helmet smacks off the pavement so hard I could hear it over my obnoxiously loud motorcycle and my headphones. So I turn around, and he's trying to get up, So i put the kickstand down, get off the bike, and proceed to take pictures and laugh at him. I told him thats what he gets for buying a sport bike.

See I can make up stories too.

koorbloh likes this.
  16. My name is Dave. Nice to meet you. I think.

That 250 was one of the toughest bikes I've ever owned. And I punished it. A lot.

17. You no have yer own ride ta ride then ??

18. You can't get your knee down on a 250. It's not scientifically possible.

19. That's bullshit. I can put a knee down without even cornering.

Just set myself up but I'm posting it anyways.